Contribute
Register

Anybody know how to get these things working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus N56VZ-DS71
CPU
Core i7-3610QM (Ivy Bridge)
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
1) VoodooPS2Trackpad in 64 bit mode.

2) Inertial scrolling.

3) Three/Four Finger multitouch gestures.

The first is a bit of a pet peeve, and that's not too important to me right now, the system is stable and works like a charm in 32bit mode when it comes to trackpad (except for problem number 2).

Oddly enough, the second problem is more bothersome for me. I'm used to inertial scrolling, and it annoys me the crap out of me when the trackpad doesn't scroll with inertia. Smartscoll doesn't work right under Lion, it always breaks somewhere in the middle (multitouch scrolling just doesn't work). :banghead: I'm POSITIVE that scroll with inertia is enabled under Universal Access.

I'm also curious whether or not VoodooPS2 will get updated with three/four finger multitouch gestures. I'd rather use my trackpad to bring up Mission Control than the keyboard. Also relating to the first problem, where can I get the source for VoodooPS2? I'd love to try tackling these problems.

Unless some magic happens... That would be a no. That would only work with Apples Multitouch trackpad drivers, which are USB and not PS2.

Some synaptics trackpads can support multi-finger gestures. Alps trackpads cannot. Which do you have?

Synaptics v7.4- this supports multitouch gestures, in Windows, I have a 3 finger gesture, and I was also told that Apple uses a USB version of this in their Macs.

pavelak said:
Unless some magic happens... That would be a no. That would only work with Apples Multitouch trackpad drivers, which are USB and not PS2.

If VoodooPS2 supports two finger scroll and two finger "secondary" click, why not three/four finger gestures? Especially since the trackpad supports them (as seen through Windows, as I can use certain 3 finger gestures, and rotate/pinch). I would try tackling this problem myself, but I can't seem to find the source code for VoodooPS2 anywhere :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back