Contribute
Register

Anybody get Ventura installed & working on old guard EX58 or X58 system?

Motherboard
Gigabyte EX58 UD3R
CPU
X5650
Graphics
Asus RX580 8GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I am still using my EX58 UD3R MB, Xeon 5650 CPU with a AMD Radeon RX 580 GPU to run Monterey. The best current compatibility SMBIOS is iMac 19,1 (Opencore 0.8.7).

I am trying to squeeze out the last drop of use from this system which started life in 2010. Looking ahead I've tried to get a working Ventura but always fail in one of the last steps with the message below (IMG_2620.jpg) Prior to this last step where the install or boot fails I do seem to have had some partial progress.

Curious if others with a similar system have had any success. Probably most have moved on to newer systems.

Attachments

• IMG_2620.jpg
    IMG_2620.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 77
Curious if others with a similar system have had any success.
Those old Gigabyte boards are nearly indestructable. They don't build them to last that long anymore.
Haven't seen anyone here get Ventura working on one. Primary obstacle is lack of AVX 2.0 instructions.
Even if you can install Ventura, performance will be not great. Run an older macOS version or Win10/11.

I am have an X58 Board too, Asus Rampage 2 Extreme with an Xeon 5670 and 24GB DDR3 RAM, Monterey runs well, Ventura USB Ports going nuts already via Installer (Its shows only a Magic Bluetooth Mouse how to connect) So i tried Ventura and no Success yet.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-05 um 19.54.38.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-05 um 19.54.38.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 54
If you've mapped the USB Ports in a previous OS X version, I am afraid in Ventura they will be entirely different and most ports will be unavailable. Possible solution will be use the USBInjectAll.kext in Ventura then map the ports again in Ventura.

If you've mapped the USB Ports in a previous OS X version, I am afraid in Ventura they will be entirely different and most ports will be unavailable. Possible solution will be use the USBInjectAll.kext in Ventura then map the ports again in Ventura.
I didnt map any Ports on my Board. :D i am also under the Port limit

In that case I think you need to remove the port limit restriction in the config.plist, reboot, clean the NvRAM, boot to the Desktop and map the USB ports.
i dont have any limits due to my board has only 12 instead of 15+

Back