Contribute
Register

Any Successful builds using Gigabyte Z390 GAMING SLI with I9 CPU, RX580, NVMe drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 GAMING SLI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

I have been wandering if anyone has had success in particular with the Gigabyte Z390 GAMING SLI board?

thanks
Roger

Hi

I have been wandering if anyone has had success in particular with the Gigabyte Z390 GAMING SLI board?

thanks
Roger

• Toward Top Right corner of this page you can find Search tool (magnifying Glass icon) to find any successful posts in this Forum
  • Please add your Hardware to Profile -> Account details

• Toward Top Right corner of this page you can find Search tool (magnifying Glass icon) to find any successful posts in this Forum
  • Please add your Hardware to Profile -> Account details

:) I did do a search and have not found anyone posting a successful build with this particular board, how ever it is on the buyers guide. hardware added to profile.

:) I did do a search and have not found anyone posting a successful build with this particular board, how ever it is on the buyers guide. hardware added to profile.
  • I just answered an update 10.14.4 question on the similar MoBo and Intel HD 630 here-> #1
    • I can say, your system can have macOSMojave 10.14.4 installation with Radeon Rx 580.
    • Please note many XFX Radeon Cards are having problem.
  • Please edit your Radeon RX580 with its Make (Brand Name) for clarity.
Edited to add: Some Samsung NVMe Disks have issues .->https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/support-needed-z390-m-gaming.276493/
Please list their model names to get proper help.

Last edited:
  • I just answered an update 10.14.4 question on the similar MoBo and Intel HD 630 here-> #1
    • I can say, your system can have macOSMojave 10.14.4 installation with Radeon Rx 580.
    • Please note many XFX Radeon Cards are having problem.
  • Please edit your Radeon RX580 with its Make (Brand Name) for clarity.
Edited to add: Some Samsung NVMe Disks have issues . Please list their model names to get proper help.

Thanks... I will have a read... I will post the model Samsung NVME disk. I suspected an issue when erasing it, the machine just reboots. My second NVMe is ADATA brand. that one I can erase etc without any issues.

thanks for your insight.

Finally got it done!

@cmn699 one of my problems is that I have a Samsung MZVLB5120HAJQ-000L7 nvme drive. during setup I tried to erase using disk manager but the pc would restart while trying to do what it needs to do. I decided not to use this and used an ADATA SX8200 instead. I will have to investigate if there is a fix... would've been nice to have it to run my Mojave system from

I had problems after resuming the installer it would complain that the install media was not accessible. This was due to me using the rear USB ports. I started over using the front panel USB2.0 ports and then everything ran as was expected.

My post install was a bit different to the guide. I did not install any of his kexts except for the thunderbolt stuff… and also I disabled the onboard audio as I have an RME Fireface 400 audio interface. I am awaiting the UA Apollo twin duo.

The radeon RX 580 worked like a charm after installing Mojave with the IGFX. I also removed Whatevergreen kext form where the guide says to put them and then run Kext Utility as I was unable to keep the orientation of my displays as I wanted them, they would reset back after restart.

Good luck with whoever is trying this...

Last edited:
Hi, I have a similar situation, Same motherboard, but my drives are OZC Trion 150 and ToshibaNVME THNSN5256GPU7. My GPU is an Nvidia GTX 980. However I´m trying to install on the OZC and I get these lines in the verbose mode and this is what I get:

I´m not a pro nor a hacker, but I think there might be something with the NVME drive. I will uninstall it from the motherboard and see what happens. In the meantime, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Update: I disconnected the Toshiba NVME drive and tryed again but the result was the same.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-06-07 at 23.06.19.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-06-07 at 23.06.19.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 145
Sorry, sorry, sorry, My mistake, I know what I did wrong, I didn't save the BIOS Settings, and that is why it was not working propperly, so, I checked them again, here is the guide I found that hepled me.

BIOS Modifications: Flash Gigabyte BIOS version F4 or Newer

• Save & Exit
    • Load Optimized Defaults then make (or confirm) the following settings -- important settings in bold:
  • M.I.T.
    • Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) → Profile 1
  • BIOS
    • Windows 8/10 Features → Other OS
    • CSM Support → Disabled
      • Secure Boot will be disabled by default, but good to check
  • Peripherals
    • Initial Display Output → PCIe Slot 1. If your discrete graphics card is in Slot 2, change this appropriately.
    • Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) → Disabled
    • Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration
      • TBT Vt-d Base Security → Disabled
      • Thunderbolt Boot Support → Disabled
      • Security Level → No Security
      • Discrete Thunderbolt Configuration
        • Thunderbolt USB Support → Enabled
        • GPIO3 Force Pwr → Enabled
        • DTBT Configuration (no changes made although I did try the following two, but not sure if there's any benefit):
          • Reserved Memory → 737
          • Reserved PMemory → 1184
    • USB Configuration
      • Legacy USB Support → Enabled
      • XHCI Hand-off → Enabled
    • Network Stack Configuration
      • Network Stack → Disabled
  • Chipset
    • Vt-d → Disabled
    • Internal Graphics → Enabled
    • DVMT Pre-Alloc → 64M
    • DVMT Total Gfx Mem → 256M
    • Audio Controller → Enabled
    • Above 4G Decoding → Enabled
  • Power
    • ErP → Disabled
    • RC6 (Render Standby) → Enabled
  • Save & Exit
    • Choose Save and Exit to save BIOS settings and reboot machine.
I'll keep in touch!

Ok, this is the last post I'm writting and then I'm calling it a day.

Let me explain you exactly what I'm doing: I am upgrading my rig to a gigabyte Z390 Gaming Sli (as you saw in earlier posts).

But what I did not tell you is that I did not kow if my last Sierra install was going to boot or not, so after I changed the values at the BIOS my old sierra installation booted up correctly.

However, there are many things that are not working propperly, but most important:

Ethernet (Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
Sound Card Realtek® ALC1220-VB codec.
Geforce GTX 980 (I can see in low speed, but at least I can see the GUI)

There may be many other hardware missing, but so far, I haven't noticed it.

I have tried to install the drivers from differente multibeasts (sierra, high sierra and mojave) But none of them work.

What am I not seeing? Would it be better to make a fresh install of Mojave? I don't know how drivers are installed/removed in mac, I windows I have no problem, but besides using multibeast or downloading a specific kext (what is a kext by the way?).

So, Once I've overcome those issues, I would need to know why am I not seeing my windows drive... I used to see after pressing the F12 key on boot up but, after y configured the BIOS, I can only see MAC UEFI partitions.

Thanks a lot in advance and have a great one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back