Graphics
nVidia 8400GT 512 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been reluctant to update my 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 and now to 10.8.4. Has anyone done it and maintained 100 % system (video, network, sound, sleep, etc.)?

Hi bluesky,

I moved to 10.8.3 about two months ago; had to fix the audio, but that was all.

Updated to 10.8.4 today, via non-Combo Updater. Still running well with no surprises. Didn't even require the audio fix, which surprised me. Couldn't be happier!

Thanks for the reply. How exactly did youfix the audio?

Hi,

I have just updated to 10.8.4 and am now having issues with audio.
I have an Intel DZ68DB motherboard which requires a Realtek ALC892 audio codec driver.

I tried updating it with the latest Multibeast 5.3.1 version but have had no success.

Ben

Thanks for the reply. How exactly did youfix the audio?

I simply ran MB 5.3.1 with the same audio options (ALC889a/885, IIRC). That re-established the prior audio output behavior.

BTW: I always have had audio output the Black 'rear' port, rather than the Green. On many other mobo's the Green port has been the standard active Line Out. Can't explain that...

I built a 10.8.3 system on a GA-Z77X-UD5H mobo with i7-3770 processor. It took me a few days to get things right. A few days ago, I downloaded the combo 10.8.4 and upgraded with no problems.

I've had some weirdness along the way, but that was just me screwing up the BIOS settings on bad advice. MultiBeast stopped giving me problems once I used EasyBeast instead of DSDT-free. Maybe I can get DSDT-free to work, but I haven't been ready to experiment on it yet.

I simply ran MB 5.3.1 with the same audio options (ALC889a/885, IIRC). That re-established the prior audio output behavior.

BTW: I always have had audio output the Black 'rear' port, rather than the Green. On many other mobo's the Green port has been the standard active Line Out. Can't explain that...

@percussive I don't mean to resurrect an old thread but could you please post your DSDT for your EP-UD3P Rev 1.6 Board?

I recently updated the OS to 10.8.4 and lost both sleep and audio. I was able to re-establish Audio using the Non-DSDT Driver installation with MultiBeast 5.3.1 but haven't been as lucky with the Audio. Thinking it might be my old 10.8.2 compatible DSDT, which didn't play nice in 10.8.3 as well.

TIA

@percussive Thinking it might be my old 10.8.2 compatible DSDT, which didn't play nice in 10.8.3 as well.
TIA

EVERYTHING IS WORKING NOW. Sleep, Sound, and Video all on 10.8.4

So apparently I was wrong about the DSDT file. I re-ran Multi Beast 5.3.1 with the following toggles checked and my original DSDT:

EasyBeast Installation
UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Drivers & Bootloaders
-Drivers
--Audio
--Realtek ALC8xx
---With DSDT
----ALC889a/885
--Disk
---JMicron36x ATA
--Miscellaneous
---FakeSMC v5.1.61
---FakeSMC V5.1.61 Plugins (NOTE THIS CAUSED KERNEL PANIC. Removed on following boot cycle)
--Network
---Realtek - Lnx2Mac's Reaktek...
--Bootloaders
---Chimera V2.0.1 r2109
Customization
-System Definitions
--Mac Pro
---Mac Pro 3,1
--Themes
---Chameleon 2.1 Default

So as I stated in parentheses above "FakeSMC v5.1.61 Plugins" caused a KP. YOU STILL NEED FakeSMC!!

My system Spec is as follows:
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 1.6 Bios FB (I need to check but I'm pretty sure on the FB firmware. I'll edit the post if incorrect)
CPU - Intel Q9550
PSU - OCZ600MXSP
GPU - Nvidia GTS 250/9800GTX 512MB (Galaxy25SFF6HMUEXX[Discontinued]Will not work with HDMI on HDTV output. Black Screen ScreenServer Error)
WiFi- HEXN-105A (MBP 802.11n adapter in mPCIe PCIe adapter card)
Disk0 - Samsung 1.5TB ST1500DL003-9VT16L (Secondary Boot & Home/Profile Drive)
Disk1 - Crucial 256MB SSDM4-CT256M4SDD2 (Primary Boot)
Memory - 8GB Total (2gbx2=4GB PDP Systems(Patriot) 6400LLSeries) and 2gbx2=4GB of Corsair Memory XM2X2048-6400C5)

^^ Thanks for that. No issues here, update from 10.8.2.

what kext you use for sleep?

- - - Updated - - -

what kext you use for sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back