Contribute
Register

Any success using Asus P8Z77-V LX board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MBP
CPU
2.66 Core 2 Duo
Graphics
GeForce 9600M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi - I installed using Unibeast, but Multibeast has been giving me problems. I used the onboard graphics VGA connection, though I do also have an AMD 6xxx board installed. I made sure in BIOS that the iGPU was the default graphics adapter.

I've done multiple reinstalls, trying different multibeast options. The last time around, I just installed the very basic DSDT-free with a few extra options, such as the "patchedAppleIntelPower" option.

When I look at my boot using -v (verbose mode), I get hangs on AppleHDACodecGeneric "sound assertion", or mac "swapon".

The only way I can get it is by booting into safe mode "-v -x graphicsenabler=no" .

Any suggestions? I've been scouring the forums for info on my board. There is no DSDT available. Some suggest flashing the bios to unlock it?

I do get ethernet support, but I can't make it out of safe mode only!

Thanks!

Additionally, when things go awry, is there any alternative to reinstalling again from scratch? It's a big time-suck to try one additional multibeast option, FAIL, and then have to spend another half hour reinstalling.

You might check and see if you can create your own DSDT for your motherboard. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/31716-guide-creating-your-own-dsdt-most-boards.html

And as far as repairing in the case of MB options gone bad, if you know what the Multibeast option does, often you can undo it from Terminal. But you'll have to read the documentation for MB, so you can know what kext it modifies or overwrites. That way you can make a backup copy of the files it changes and restore via Terminal by booting from your Unibeast flash.

Unfortunately, my board is not in the patch list :(

Might have to do some googling for patches, then follow the guide. Or find a similar board (ie. board that shares BIOS or BIOS close to yours).

Hi Kestudi,

Am I right in assuming you're currently using a board with an AMD processor and are thinking of getting the Asus P8Z77, or are you trying to do your install on the P8Z77 now and having problems? I have the P8Z77-V Pro version of the board, and I installed with success (Got a little help from Rehabman, actually) but didn't use a DSDT. I've seen some debate about it being possible or not, and in my case it's definitely possible (I'm not the only one, I noticed that others didn't use one either). Maybe you can try your next install without a DSDT? In a nutshell, I installed by creating a bootable installation USB drive, using that to install then I ran Multibeast and chose the drivers/kexts that I needed. I never chose a DSDT, unless it was somehow integrated into the USB drive that I made. Then I installed a bootloader so I wouldn't need to boot from USB anymore, and was done. I have two minor issues (Not dealbreakers), but otherwise it's an awesome hackintosh. I've been using it exclusively here at home to get familiar with it, it's pretty fun, and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back