CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm about to get a Dell Inspiron e1705 given to me in the next week or so. I already have a successful hacktosh desktop build so I am familiar with this process in some limited way. Has anyone had any experience installing OS X on this particular laptop and if so what are the details? I found this guide here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15474 over at insanelymac but I'm unfamiliar with that process and was hoping for a more streamlined, Multibeast application.

Any luck yet? I am looking for some help also.

currantsforeyes said:
I have the 9400 running vanilla 10.6.8 installed with iBoot and updated with Multibeast.
Did you have any luck?
Sorry that it has been so long that I have posted. It's been quite some time since I've been on here. I've actually gave away my e1705 since I first posted.

currantsforeyes said:
I have the 9400 running vanilla 10.6.8 installed with iBoot and updated with Multibeast.
Did you have any luck?

hi,

Can you please share the procedure? maybe a DSDT?

I followed the usual steps:

disabled 1 core in the BIOS (A10)

Boot using iboot, swap for SL 10.6.3, pressed F5, install
Reboot again with iboot. Install 10.6.8, then multibeast, chimera, Voodoo kexts for trackpad and sound, etc

The system boots but gets stuck just prior to switch to the desktop.

VGA is a Nvidia 7950 GTX

thanks!

Well, I managed to get the keyboard running, something odd should have happened with the PS2 drivers.

BTW card is Geforce Go 7950GTX, sorry.

Had this laptop with vanilla retail 10.6.3 previously installed using another method, but the 7900 died and bought this one to replace it, then decided to install using the iboot+Multibeast way.

I have a previous DSDT, will it work or not due to the fact the different VGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back