Contribute
Register

Any "Startup chime device faker" for a hackintosh??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus rog strix z370-g gaming (wi-fi ac)
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700k
Graphics
Asus ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I almost finish my first hackintosh.
Nothing fancy here. Just adapted a ATX mobo into a terrific PowerMac G4 Quicksilver Case.
A bunch of people as done this before.
But when I started my machine for the first time, was a little sad not to feel that sound that became an icon of Macintosh trough the ears...
So I started to thing about building a device that fakes that sound...
Any one already build about the manner?
The idea it came to my mind is an electronic device, using a programmable IC plugged to 5 or 12 volts to the PSU, and about (3, 5, 7 seconds??) lather to power up release the sound and immediately after switch to the system sound.
May be Arduino?
I know there are a lot of Programmable IC that are relative to sound but I was not sure about the right one.
(I'm a electronic technician and have made a few simple programs and electronic circuits, but mostly for electric motor driving, not sound).

Looking for something cheap here, but good audio quality.

So I almost finish my first hackintosh.
Nothing fancy here. Just adapted a ATX mobo into a terrific PowerMac G4 Quicksilver Case.
A bunch of people as done this before.
But when I started my machine for the first time, was a little sad not to feel that sound that became an icon of Macintosh trough the ears...
So I started to thing about building a device that fakes that sound...
Any one already build about the manner?
The idea it came to my mind is an electronic device, using a programmable IC plugged to 5 or 12 volts to the PSU, and about (3, 5, 7 seconds??) lather to power up release the sound and immediately after switch to the system sound.
May be Arduino?
I know there are a lot of Programmable IC that are relative to sound but I was not sure about the right one.
(I'm a electronic technician and have made a few simple programs and electronic circuits, but mostly for electric motor driving, not sound).

Looking for something cheap here, but good audio quality.

By the way, is kind of fun that there are a lot of people attempting to mute that startup chime...Even there are some kind of software for that!!
I love that sound, maybe because I have an eMac G4 just since lats Christmas...

Use the search function. Startup Chime will return a long list posts on the subject. If you look you will find several trails to implementing one.

Good modding,
neil

Use the search function. Startup Chime will return a long list posts on the subject. If you look you will find several trails to implementing one.

Good modding,
neil

Sir you are right on that...Sorry.
And i always say that young people dont know to search the web in the right way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back