Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The Kaby Lake R laptops look promising. A quad core in a 13" laptop sounds awesome as per the recent announcement of the Kaby Lake R Dell XPS 13. I started searching for discussions on Kaby Lake R and Hackintoshes, but came up empty handed so why not start one?

Any speculation if the Kaby Lake Rs will simply work with the existing guides for Kaby Lake?

Happy Hackintoshing!

The Kaby Lake R laptops look promising. A quad core in a 13" laptop sounds awesome as per the recent announcement of the Kaby Lake R Dell XPS 13. I started searching for discussions on Kaby Lake R and Hackintoshes, but came up empty handed so why not start one?

Any speculation if the Kaby Lake Rs will simply work with the existing guides for Kaby Lake?

Happy Hackintoshing!

We will find out when someone with the hardware makes an attempt.

We will find out when someone with the hardware makes an attempt.
FAILED.
Tried on Acer SF315-51G (i5-8250U), macOS Installer never find any hard disk even with SATA-100-series-Unsupported kext. The BIOS seems to be locked in RAID mode with no known way to change, even by Acer support.
If only I could run patchmatic under macOS installer environment to get something helpful.

FAILED.
Tried on Acer SF315-51G (i5-8250U), macOS Installer never find any hard disk even with SATA-100-series-Unsupported kext. The BIOS seems to be locked in RAID mode with no known way to change, even by Acer support.
If only I could run patchmatic under macOS installer environment to get something helpful.

You have installed a SATA M.2 SSD?
If so, use SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext.

If you have an NVMe device but iRST set in BIOS, you will not be able to make the NVMe work with macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back