Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77 UD5h
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Anyone have recommendations for a PCI IDE ATA/133 card? I have an old IDE device with the 40-pin ribbon cable and would like to get it talking to my system. I've tried two SATA - IDE adapters (one no-name ebay unit a SYBA SD-ADA50016 adapter) in all sorts of configurations (master, slave, cable-select) and none have worked. The most I got was my device showing up as an "unknown" SATA device in System Profiler.

I figure it's best to go with an IDE card. Thanks in advance!

My system:
Intel Core i5 3770k
Gigabyte Z77 UD5h motherboard
8GB RAM Mountain Lion OS
IDE device: LS-120 Superdisk drive

A different question:

If a PCI expansion card is plug-n-play for Windows (no drivers needed, recognized natively) and it's recognized in BIOS, is it more likely it will be recognized by the Mac OS?

I tested my old IDE Superdisk drive on a MDD G4 tower on its internal ATA bus and the OS instantly recognized the drive, so I know the drive is functional and the problem lies with getting it to talk to the hardware I have.

Thanks for any help / advice.

I solved this a long time ago and am posting here in case if anyone has the same question. The answer I've found is if an IDE card is recognized by the PC BIOS, it will natively show up in OS X under "ATA" in System Profiler. I've been running an IDE card with 10.8 and 10.10 and both recognized it natively :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back