Graphics
Intel Graphics HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I Have a Toshiba Satellite running OS X 10.10 Yosemite. It was a challenge (for me at least) to find all the drivers, and i did find them ... Everything is running quite smoothly. However, my wifi card is an intel, and as I understand it there's no support whatsoever.
My real question is , i'm sure there are plenty of developers/programmers that are more than capable to write some intel kexts, RehabMan has quite a reputation, so why won't anybody write some? I hope somebody can help with this . Noob Here.

PS: I would have bought a compatible wifi card, but where I'm from not every model is available, sadly.

I Have a Toshiba Satellite running OS X 10.10 Yosemite. It was a challenge (for me at least) to find all the drivers, and i did find them ... Everything is running quite smoothly. However, my wifi card is an intel, and as I understand it there's no support whatsoever.
My real question is , i'm sure there are plenty of developers/programmers that are more than capable to write some intel kexts, RehabMan has quite a reputation, so why won't anybody write some? I hope somebody can help with this . Noob Here.

PS: I would have bought a compatible wifi card, but where I'm from not every model is available, sadly.

No prospects that I know of.

Unfortunately, writing a WiFi driver is more complicated than it needs to be. Because Apple doesn't document the interfaces used in IO80211Family.kext, it is not easy to port a Linux driver to OS X. Doing so requires the driver being written as an Ethernet driver re-creating the entire user interface for WiFi (including SSID exploration, password storage [encyrpted], various security options, etc.). This is why most USB WiFi implementations are so bad...

I did read somewhere a linux driver can be ported to OSX, but as you said, for me just reading the guide gave me a headache. i had another vision for resolving this whole thing , i lack the mechanics however.
is there any way we can trick the system into thinking that a USB wireless card is actually internal?
that way we can use the native wifi interface, and get the full native features provided the USB wifi card is supported ...

PS: I'm great with implementing logic, sadly I lack the technical aspect of things ...

is there any way we can trick the system into thinking that a USB wireless card is actually internal?
that way we can use the native wifi interface, and get the full native features provided the USB wifi card is supported ...

No. Drivers written for PCI devices are completely different from USB.

Vendors that provide software for USB devices could write better software... but they don't (writing good software is difficult and hardware OEMs are lazy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back