Contribute
Register

Any problem after Installed Sierra in Asus N550LF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The _OFF method is in SSDT-9.dsl. The _INI method is in SSDT-8.dsl. We can do calls from SSDT-9.dsl to SSDT-8.dsl?

Yes. It is covered in the guide (use External).

Based on your guide, i understand that both methods have to be in the same SSDT.

No. You're not reading carefully.

Its Object-oriented programming (OOP) ?

Not really. ASL lacks important OOP concepts such as polymorphism, instance data, etc.

Yes. It is covered in the guide (use External).

No. You're not reading carefully.

Not really. ASL lacks important OOP concepts such as polymorphism, instance data, etc.
Ok, i think now i`m in the good direction. Please look at my picture and tell me if the DSDT Patch for """my repo to call _OFF from _REG""". It looks different because mine haves Windows things.

**I`ve used sublime text editor only to show you this code.

Thanks! And sorry for creating so many posts.

** very late update, i found that i added double _OFF

"
If (LAnd(LEqual(Arg0,3),LEqual(Arg1,1)))\n
{\n
External(\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF._OFF, MethodObj)\n
\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF._OFF()\n
}\n"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 7.19.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 7.19.56 PM.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 107
** very late update, i found that i added double _OFF

"
If (LAnd(LEqual(Arg0,3),LEqual(Arg1,1)))\n
{\n
External(\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF._OFF, MethodObj)\n
\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF._OFF()\n
}\n"

Yes, I noticed that too... there should be no calls to _OFF from _REG anyway.

Yes, I noticed that too... there should be no calls to _OFF from _REG anyway.
Ok, i`m 100% now that its 100% like in the Guide + i took it very logically. I`ll add the files here.
Thanks alot!

Attachments

• MSI DOMINATOR 2PC GT60.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 88
Ok, i`m 100% now that its 100% like in the Guide + i took it very logically. I`ll add the files here.
Thanks alot!

You did not remove the EC related code from SGOF. Look in SSDT-8.aml in ACPI/patched, method SGOF. You will find a line that reads '\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.ESGX (Zero)'. It needs to be removed from there and moved to _REG as per guide.

You did not remove the EC related code from SGOF. Look in SSDT-8.aml in ACPI/patched, method SGOF. You will find a line that reads '\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.ESGX (Zero)'. It needs to be removed from there and moved to _REG as per guide.
Hello!

If you look in the DSL`s you will see that the line is moved from SSDT-8.dsl to DSDT _REG. But after i transform the dsl to aml, the methods show me:

PNOT ()
If (LAnd (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03), LEqual (Arg1, One)))
{
ESGX (Zero)
}

So, instead of having: \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.ESGX (Zero), i have only ESGX (Zero).

Hello!

If you look in the DSL`s you will see that the line is moved from SSDT-8.dsl to DSDT _REG. But after i transform the dsl to aml, the methods show me:

PNOT ()
If (LAnd (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03), LEqual (Arg1, One)))
{
ESGX (Zero)
}

So, instead of having: \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.ESGX (Zero), i have only ESGX (Zero).

It is a compiler optimization... normal.

You did not move it. You copied it. Move means "cut from current location", "paste in new location".

It is a compiler optimization... normal.

You did not move it. You copied it. Move means "cut from current location", "paste in new location".

Hi Rehab!

2 years later, trying again to disable nvidia dedicated graphics, but no luck LOL. Do you think you can patch the ACPI for me please? It shouldn't take you more than 1 minute :D I promise ill make a donation on tonymac site.

Thanks!

Attachments

• origin 2.zip
    38.7 KB · Views: 62
Hi Rehab!

2 years later, trying again to disable nvidia dedicated graphics, but no luck LOL. Do you think you can patch the ACPI for me please? It shouldn't take you more than 1 minute :D I promise ill make a donation on tonymac site.

Thanks!
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back