Contribute
Register

Any other SC2 players have graphics broken after Blizzard patch 3.0.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all—

I was happy and stable on Yosemite 10.10.1 with Chimera for many moons, until Blizzard Patch 3.0.0 came out for StarCraft II. As soon as I updated, I got a message in BattleNet saying I needed to update my OS in order to expect stable performance. I launched the game anyway, and sure enough, it ran okay, but had some weird graphical glitches (especially with the minimap). I tried a bunch of different settings, and finally conceded defeat and figured it was time to update.

Fast forward several days. I now have 10.10.5 working (mostly) stable under Chimera, and the problem was still there in SC2. So I completely stripped my computer of any trace of SC2 and reinstalled totally from scratch overnight. Same problem. Game runs fine, but certain graphical stuff no longer works correctly.

Anyone else have a similar issue, or suggestions for how to fix it?

GB Z77X-UD5H
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Thanks in advance.

Hey all—

I was happy and stable on Yosemite 10.10.1 with Chimera for many moons, until Blizzard Patch 3.0.0 came out for StarCraft II. As soon as I updated, I got a message in BattleNet saying I needed to update my OS in order to expect stable performance. I launched the game anyway, and sure enough, it ran okay, but had some weird graphical glitches (especially with the minimap). I tried a bunch of different settings, and finally conceded defeat and figured it was time to update.

Fast forward several days. I now have 10.10.5 working (mostly) stable under Chimera, and the problem was still there in SC2. So I completely stripped my computer of any trace of SC2 and reinstalled totally from scratch overnight. Same problem. Game runs fine, but certain graphical stuff no longer works correctly.

Anyone else have a similar issue, or suggestions for how to fix it?

GB Z77X-UD5H
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Thanks in advance.

Please read the Rules :
Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums.
Duplicate threads will be deleted

Apologies, is this a duplicate thread? I had a similar thread asking about wifi after my recent update, but I believe this is the only thread I have made regarding my graphical issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back