Contribute
Register

Any Mac That Can Run OS X 10.8 Can Run OS X 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I'm having trouble with my socket 2011. Can you post your method? I have GigaByte GA-X79S-UP5-WiFi X79

Cheers!

I have gotten Mavericks to run and it is stable.

I have an issue with sound, that does not work. I need to look into it still.

Method:
1. Download Mavericks from MAS
2. Create usbdisk with Unibeast 3.0
3. Reboot system, with flash in, upon start up press F12.
4. Select usb , in legacy mode, not UEFI.
5. flagsCode:
-v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 USBBusFix=yes GraphicsEnabler=yes

6. setup should start, complete installation,
7. boot into mavericks using usb disk
8. use Multibeast 6.0

Due to some weird phenomena, I havent had time to figure out, i need to boot using "-f" to get the kexts from Multibeast loaded.

Good Luck
G

Thanks for the feedback - what options are you selecting in Multibeast - same as the Dingleberry's ML golden build guide? Networking was not working for me unless I do a -x. Maybe the -f flag will get it going?

Thanks for the feedback - what options are you selecting in Multibeast - same as the Dingleberry's ML golden build guide? Networking was not working for me unless I do a -x. Maybe the -f flag will get it going?

Here is my Multibeast settings.

Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 11.41.06 AM.png

That is only some of my settings.
I use a DSDT, and added flags to my Chameleon plist.

In order to get OS X to detect the Intel network kext, i have to boot using -f.
It's a brick wall for now. will sort it out when i get chance, but for now, -f does the job fine.

Have you gotten audio to work? I am blank on that one. Will only get a chance to do some custom edits, when i return home in about 2 weeks.

Good Luck.

Edit:

My sound is working now. It would seem i had to use npci=0x2000 flag instead of npci=0x3000.

gaart?

How did you get the video card (GTS 250) to work? I search the internet for 2 weeks and found the kext on kext.com. It is working, but the GTS 250 won't wake the monitor after going to sleep. My 5 years old ATI works OTB.

Thanks!

Currently running 10.9
Gigabyte -
GA-Z87X-D3H
Video card - GTS 250
--
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> PCIRootUID=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
--

gaart?

How did you get the video card (GTS 250) to work? I search the internet for 2 weeks and found the kext on kext.com. It is working, but the GTS 250 won't wake the monitor after going to sleep. My 5 years old ATI works OTB.

Thanks!

Currently running 10.9
Gigabyte -
GA-Z87X-D3H
Video card - GTS 250
--
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> PCIRootUID=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
--

I actually don't use sleep on my system. I could test it and get back to you?

If I am correct, the GTS 250 should work natively without any customisations, and sleep should work. I'll test mine, in that case.

Update:

I just tested sleep. It would seem that the system does go into sleep mode, but when i wait it up, the screen also wakes but the system is frozen. This is when I put the computer to sleep.

When the screen only goes to sleep, via the energy saver feature, i can usually wake it by pressing on the keyboard or using the mouse.

Thanks. On my GTS 250, I have been trying to boot without the kext from kext.com, but I am not having any luck. I tried a lot of combinations but it is not working. -x -v -f PC... and etc. kept on getting the spinning wheel when booting up Maverick or ML.

Thanks. On my GTS 250, I have been trying to boot without the kext from kext.com, but I am not having any luck. I tried a lot of combinations but it is not working. -x -v -f PC... and etc. kept on getting the spinning wheel when booting up Maverick or ML.

Which variant of the GTS 250 do you have? because I can't boot up using my HDMI port, I need to use DVI or VGA.

How come you using both IGPEnabler and GraphicsEnabler?

Thanks for the response. I have the PNY GeForce GTS 250 GDDR3 1GB (XLR8 performance edition). There is no HDMI.

Using bother IGP... and Graphic... enabler on for both to test. I can't boot without GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

I just de-installed the KEXT from Kext.com. It is not booting up. Only blank screen.

Thanks!

I use the " DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F9.aml " but you need to check what firmware your Bios is. Mine is flashed to F9.

Drivers

Audio = Realtek 889 audio with DSDT.
Disk = 3rd Party SATA & 10.9.0 Trim Patch ( Trim is for my Samsung Pro 840 SSD )
Misc = Just FakeSMC plugins & Hardware Monitor ( Get error on the USB3 )
Ethernet = AppleRTL8169 2.0.6 ( Getting problems though with ethernet not working after sleep on Mavericks)

Bootloader = Chimera v2.2.1

Customise

Boot options

Generate CPU States
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
IGPEnabler=No
Use KernelCache

SSDT Options

Sandy Bridge Core i5

System Definitions

Mac Pro 3,1 ( To stop the popping )

Theme ( your own choice )

My problems are with the App Store & iTunes store not logging in properly ( Not sure if Apple is having issues with their servers )

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back