1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I fresh installed Mavericks (first hackintosh install:headbang:). But I can only boot when I use -x (safe mode). When I don't use -x, I booted into verbose mode to check where it stalls, and it looked like Bluetooth. Any one have any luck with either the h or z version?

h87n-wifi
i5 4670
4gb ram
normal hdd
GTX 260 (used GE=Yes)

I'm using the same board, have you tried the GraphicsEnabler=No flag?

I'm pretty sure your GTX 260 should be supported. That was my issue when using my GTX770, the GraphicsEnabler flag was messing it up (for lack of a more technical description).

As for Bluetooth, you shouldn't be using the onboard Bluetooth, go for a properly supported Broadcom based module like the iogear gbu521 (which I use). I then removed the Centrino WiFi / BT mini-PCIe card, and replaced it with a WiFi only Atheros ar5b93 based card. This way you have OS driver support 'out of the box' for BT and WiFi.

All up those two items will cost you around 20 bucks. You don't need these items, but they'll make sure you have full support to wake from keyboard / mouse input, and OS X will recognize the WiFi as an Airport Extreme, which gives you full OS support.

Disable the VT-d option in BIOS and it will boot without -x

Regards.

I have a GA-H77N-WIFI, I hope this means my install will be successful too :)

As for the H77N-Wifi, I am having major install issues. Had that with all my previous customacs though. I now get failed install error code 110. Trying to figure out if a bootflag will help. I removed my asus graphics card and am using integrated intel graphics. Will post more if finally succesful.

Son of a gun... After reading something about bad memory I removed one of the modules and the installation succeeded. I don't believe however the module is bad. Is it possible that the installation only works with one memory module installed on the h77N??

i have a similar setup as lunaoso but using integrated graphics. i get a hang on the bluetooth as well... cant get past the apple screen. boot flags are not helping. but my main question is How To Disable VT-d? i do not see it anywhere in the bios though everyone else seems to find it just fine. could it be named something else? i have f4 of h87n-wifi motherboard with i3-4330.

i have a similar setup as lunaoso but using integrated graphics. i get a hang on the bluetooth as well... cant get past the apple screen. boot flags are not helping. but my main question is How To Disable VT-d? i do not see it anywhere in the bios though everyone else seems to find it just fine. could it be named something else? i have f4 of h87n-wifi motherboard with i3-4330.
It should be in the "bios feature" section of the bios. Just says "VT-d". Change it to disabled. Once I did that, it worked great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back