Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I searched and have not been able to find any thread indicating that anyone has had success updating an HP Sandy Bridge DV7 or DV6 to Lion 10.7.4. I have tried to update my system several different ways (with and without the combo update, with Multi-Beast and various of its options), all to no avail. I have tried it with and without the modified taptun mach kernel. I have used all kinds of boot flags. On some of the attempts, I end up with "Still Waiting For Root Device." On others, I just get various kernel panics.

If you have one of the later model DV7 or DV6's, and have had success, please tell us how you did it. Thank you.

meriwetherlewis said:
I searched and have not been able to find any thread indicating that anyone has had success updating an HP Sandy Bridge DV7 or DV6 to Lion 10.7.4. I have tried to update my system several different ways (with and without the combo update, with Multi-Beast and various of its options), all to no avail. I have tried it with and without the modified taptun mach kernel. I have used all kinds of boot flags. On some of the attempts, I end up with "Still Waiting For Root Device." On others, I just get various kernel panics.

If you have one of the later model DV7 or DV6's, and have had success, please tell us how you did it. Thank you.

here my pack for HP DV 7:

http://www.mediafire.com/?p9ai1lijpn5x6nb

you must install UpdateCombo10.7.4 and replace file:do everything without rebooting!!!!

I'm sure you'll find where to put the files!

after, launches Kext Utility and now reboot :wave:

Mickey is the greatest! I used the files you linked to, and after installing the update, it rebooted right into 10.7.4. Thanks for everything.

meriwetherlewis said:
Mickey is the greatest! I used the files you linked to, and after installing the update, it rebooted right into 10.7.4. Thanks for everything.
I'm happy for you.
This Topic is solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back