Contribute
Register

Any KextToPatch for SATA Hot-Plug ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No reason it works on one system but not the other.
I agree. Logical.

I suggest you double check the entry, an omitted digit or an extra one, misspelt kext name etc, etc anything that can throw it off.

I'll double check the patch when I get back home. Is the patch to allow the hot swap or is the patch to allow for using the correct icons? Because, the hot swap works. Just not the orange icon part.

Is the patch to allow the hot swap or is the patch to allow for using the correct icons? Because, the hot swap works. Just not the orange icon part.

I think it's designed to do both - Actually try this additional patch along with the Hot Swop patch :-

Name = com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort
Find = 45787465 726E616C
Replace = 496E7465 726E616C
Comment = External icons patch
Match = 10.13.x,10.14.x

See if this work. Good luck

Name = com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort
Find = 45787465 726E616C
Replace = 496E7465 726E616C
Comment = External icons patch
Match = 10.13.x,10.14.x

See if this work. Good luck
I checked the first patch. It was entered correctly. The second patch mentioned above had no noticeable effect. Ugh.

I checked the first patch. It was entered correctly. The second patch mentioned above had no noticeable effect. Ugh.

Sorry man I'm out of ideas as to why it's working on one and not the other, Ive used this patch on my Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC and now my Gigabyte Z390 Pro-WiFi and each time it works from Mojave to Catalina. Are you repairing permissions and rebooting after applying the patch, clutching at straws here but you never know.

This is weird. For my z97n-WiFi build...

Not paying attention to what was already there, I originally enabled hot swap in BIOS and added the "Hot Plug Sata patch" to get hot swap to work. Hot swapping worked. :thumbup: But, the drives were showing up as internal drives. :thumbdown

Again, not paying attention to what was already there, I added the "External icons patch" with the correct name and the hot swap drives still showed up as internal drives. So, I deleted it.

Finally, I noticed the incorrectly named "External icons patch" and disabled it (pictured below). Rebooted. And, Viola! It works! :thumbup: Now my hot swap drives show up as external / orange icons as expected. The only Kext Patch I have is the "Hot Plug Sata patch". When and why I put the improperly labeled "External icons patch" in there? I don't now. I've had this build for a while. Oh well. I've got to take better notes for my builds.

Thanks @esafeddie

external drive icon color.jpg

Hello
With catalina 10.15.3
I'm switching to OpenCore
I add the Patch to the config.plist.
The HopPlug drive icons are now grey (previously Yellow).
It doesn't work anymore
Correct me if I'm wrong
Any ideas ?
thanks

Hello
With catalina 10.15.3
I'm switching to OpenCore
I add the Patch to the config.plist.
The HopPlug drive icons are now grey (previously Yellow).
It doesn't work anymore
Correct me if I'm wrong
Any ideas ?
thanks

Sorry can't help you there as I'm still on Clover as OC is still somewhat in the development stage although it has come a long way but not quite ready for my every day use maybe someone else can point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Sorry can't help you there as I'm still on Clover as OC is still somewhat in the development stage although it has come a long way but not quite ready for my every day use maybe someone else can point you in the right direction. Good luck.
Nice to you for replying. I keep searching. If I find a solution, I’ll post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back