Contribute
Register

Any ideas on how to enable Two Finger Scrolling (trackpad only recognized as a mouse) and missing So

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a different problem, on my 4530s hackintosh I went from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4 and my one finger scroll on the right side of the trackpad does not work. Two finger scroll works great, but love to have one finger scroll back!! I am running with Installer 6.1 beta 14, any idea would be appreciated.

Update 1: I think the answer has been found, now I need to figure out how to make the change, thanks once again to Rehabman.. "The capability is still in the driver, but is disabled in favor of a more Mac-like experience. See VerticalScrollDivisor and HorizontalScrollDivisor in the trackpad driver's Info.plist. To reactivate it you will find them both set to zero (0). Set them to one (1) instead.

/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist

After making any changes to /S/L/E, you must rebuild cache (Kext Wizard) before rebooting, otherwise, you'll be loading old information from cache next reboot."

Question:
1) No permission to update Info.plist... how do I obtain the permission? When I try and change the parameter it tells me that I do not have the permission but I can duplicate the file.

Best to copy the entire kext out of /S/L/E... say... to your Desktop folder, then work on it there. After you have it changed, install with Kext Wizard, repair permissions & rebuild cache, and reboot.

Thanks once again RehabMan and thanks very much for your valuable time.

So I copied the Info.plist into Documents and made the edits to the file. I also downloaded Kext Wizard and tried to drop the updated Info.plist file into the Kext Wizard Installation window but it will not allow it, I also tried to click browse on the Installation window of the Kext Wizard but the info.plist file is greyed out and cannot be selected. Any ideas?

Thanks once again RehabMan and thanks very much for your valuable time.

So I copied the Info.plist into Documents and made the edits to the file. I also downloaded Kext Wizard and tried to drop the updated Info.plist file into the Kext Wizard Installation window but it will not allow it, I also tried to click browse on the Installation window of the Kext Wizard but the info.plist file is greyed out and cannot be selected. Any ideas?

No. You copy the entire kext out of /S/L/E, make edits to just the Info.plist, then install the kext.

Thanks sir, that worked!!!!

Do you have the "other forum" beta driver link? I have the same laptop and i couldn't find it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back