Contribute
Register

Any good app to monitor CPU/GPU temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte P44M-UD4
CPU
i7 860
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The ones I have googled don't list CPU temps etc for hackintosh, but do work on my mac pro at work. I can find them when I startup and the BIOS tells me, but I would like to see them under load.

Update: Went through 3 or 4 and this one worked...

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/12381

I have tried all of the above + the Menumeters. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. From iStat I kept the widget... for some reason I like it more than the app itself...
This one seems a bit fancy (it is free though :) and sometimes keeping that small window on my desktop is a nuisance but luckily with a nice shortcut it disappears and reappears in an instant. It does CPU temp (each core!) and GPU temps... fps, disks...
Here is the link... atMonitor :thumbup:

I am having a hard time getting CPU temps on istat, it doesn't pick it up in sensors, only HD temps.

I will play around. I agree, Istat looks the best. Many of the utilities I used to get CPU temps in linux on the command line don't seem to exist in OSX natively.

Temp Monitor is what I had linked, and it works, but is a little cumbersome.

I can't get GPU temp on my GTS 250 no matter what app I use. Everything else shows up fine.

photoADK said:
I can't get GPU temp on my GTS 250 no matter what app I use. Everything else shows up fine.

I believe this might be the answer to our problem :think:

Found it in the atMonitor FAQ

"Is my video card supported ?

atMonitor uses Apple's own framework for accessing GPU sensors, so it will support only those video cards that Apple itself supports. If Apple's own "OpenGL Monitor" does not show you the correct information, neither will atMonitor."

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back