Contribute
Register

Any Compatibillity for the ASUS ROG Strix B550-F?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
CPU
Ryzen 5 5600X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
I would like to install Hackintosh on the ASUS ROG Strix B550-F, but I am not sure on what macOS version is it compatible on.

AMD Ryzen systems will work with any version of macOS from High Sierra to the latest Ventura release. Your Asus B550 system with a 6-core CPU is nothing out of the ordinary.

See the Ryzen guide below.

Only issue I see with your setup is the Legacy AMD HD 5870 dGPU, which would restrict the system to running High Sierra.

If you can get hold of a Polaris, Vega or Navi AMD GPU then you would be able to run latest release of Ventura.

You can also use an old Nvidia Kepler GPU to run High Sierra up to latest release of Big Sur.

AMD Ryzen systems will work with any version of macOS from High Sierra to the latest Ventura release. Your Asus B550 system with a 6-core CPU is nothing out of the ordinary.

See the Ryzen guide below.

Only issue I see with your setup is the Legacy AMD HD 5870 dGPU, which would restrict the system to running High Sierra.

If you can get hold of a Polaris, Vega or Navi AMD GPU then you would be able to run latest release of Ventura.

You can also use an old Nvidia Kepler GPU to run High Sierra up to latest release of Big Sur.

I'm fine with High Sierra, Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back