Contribute
Register

Any comments about Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I want to buy Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3.

Do audio, LAN, USB3, SATA3, sleep, etc work perfectly in SL on the above MB ?

Thanks.

I plan on purchasing this along with an core i3 chip for my htpc tomorrow, I see no reason why it shouldn't work, I am going to use easybeast until a dsdt comes out and sleepenabler.kext.. i dont anticipate any problems. Nevertheless I will update with my results.

Ok, well I am up and running, I do have one problem, but I think it just may be firmware related.. but everything was basically the same as any other iboot guide except you have to install bridge helper after combo update and before multibeast, I just did an easybeast, but I am going to extract my dsdt and read up on editing it this week.

penskyc said:
Ok, well I am up and running, I do have one problem, but I think it just may be firmware related.. but everything was basically the same as any other iboot guide except you have to install bridge helper after combo update and before multibeast, I just did an easybeast, but I am going to extract my dsdt and read up on editing it this week.

What is the problem related to FW ?

Does onboard video work ?

The problem has been fixed following an upgrade to the most recent firmware F3 you can read more about my problem here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=19255&p=123160#p123160

I have not tested onboard video so not sure if that works, also I dont believe we have sata3 working yet in OSX so I dont think that is working, only thing that I dont have working on your list is sleepenabler, but I am sure with a custom dsdt (coming soon) everything including onboard video should work fine.

penskyc said:
The problem has been fixed following an upgrade to the most recent firmware F3 you can read more about my problem here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=19255&p=123160#p123160

I have not tested onboard video so not sure if that works, also I dont believe we have sata3 working yet in OSX so I dont think that is working, only thing that I dont have working on your list is sleepenabler, but I am sure with a custom dsdt (coming soon) everything including onboard video should work fine.

Do you mean that SATA3 is downgraded to SATA2 ?

Which sleep enabler did you try before ?

Thanks.

Yes sata3 is downgraded to Sata2, I have not tried any sleepenablers with this system yet, will probably try sometime this week. But once a dsdt is released for this board everything should be extremely easy

UPDATE: found a sleepenabler kext on kexts.com , not sure if I can link it here, so to be safe I will not. but I downloaded the "SleepEnabler for OS X 10.6.7 Darwin 10.7.0/10.7.1"
and added pmVersion=23 to my boot flags.. and all works great

can you pls give a detailed instruction for beginner :)

thank you very much!

Got something similar up N running just last week.

GA-H67N-USB3-B3
GPU was a sapphire ATI 5670 (fine on both DVI and VGA)

Gigabyte website listed RTL8111E but what the board actually contained was RTL8169 so be on the lookout for that.

Got the thing running 100% within a couple hours though.

Used retail SL 10.6.3/followed Tonymacx86 guide using update helper to 10.6.8/ran multibeast with just easybeast and system utilities/bought Lion and downloaded it/installed it using XMove (ain't that a cool thing!)/updated to 10.7.1/removed all Extra/Extensions kexts apart from Ovreboot. SMC and Null/installed DSDT from database (Worked a treat BTW)/Removed Ovreboot and Null/updated Chimera and made a new boot theme/got Lan port working using realtek driver in multibeast/got audio working using ALC889/Rollback in multibeast/ran terminal (getting lion to sleep code)/repaired permissions/installed JmicronSATA and USB3 in multibeast with system utilities/Job done!

Everything works, Boot, Shutdown, Sleep, Wake, etc

The only Extra/Extensions/kexts are: FakeSMC/ALC8**HDA/JMicron SATA

Kinda mac mini type thing

hello plexi

Sorry to bother you, but do not speak English and do not quite understand how to install on this motherboard. I have already installed the OSXLion but I can not boot, after one second restart, who kext I have to use. or opened so that I will spend an extra copy of your folder.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back