Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13" 9343 Non-Touch / 10.11.6
CPU
intell i5 5200u
Graphics
Intel HD 5500
Any chance make intel 5500 working via chameleon (not clover)? intelbroadwell buffer patched with Rehab patch. Chameleon plisr strings injected. But nothing. Memmory preallocated 7mb no kext loaded. os 10.11.6 on Dell Xps 13 9343

Any chance make intel 5500 working via chameleon (not clover)? intelbroadwell buffer patched with Rehab patch. Chameleon plisr strings injected. But nothing. Memmory preallocated 7mb no kext loaded. os 10.11.6 on Dell Xps 13 9343
It is possible with Chimera. But I would strongly recommend Clover instead, especially on UEFI machines. What's wrong using Clover?

It is possible using any bootloader (just need correct injections/patches/etc).

But, only Clover supported here.

It is possible with Chimera. But I would strongly recommend Clover instead, especially on UEFI machines. What's wrong using Clover?
Clover it's more complicated and anyway I always use Chameleon despite of all I am using legacy with mbr not UEFI boot. I made 5500 working with
Chameleon finally.

Clover it's more complicated and anyway I always use Chameleon despite of all I am using legacy with mbr not UEFI boot. I made 5500 working with
Chameleon finally.

I wouldn't give my time to Chameleon and defiantly wouldn't bother with it with Sierra or El Cap. Clover is a lot easier and you can do the patching via Clover's ACPI, DSDT, Patches along with a set of SSDTs i.e (Clover Hotpatch). The last time I used Chameleon was back in the 10.9.1 days. By 10.9.3 I moved to Clover.

But yes Chameleon is a lot easier than Clover if your new to Clover.

Clover is a lot easier for upgrading i.e Can run the App like a official Mac. Bonus.

I wouldn't give my time to Chameleon and defiantly wouldn't bother with it with Sierra or El Cap. Clover is a lot easier and you can do the patching via Clover's ACPI, DSDT, Patches along with a set of SSDTs i.e (Clover Hotpatch). The last time I used Chameleon was back in the 10.9.1 days. By 10.9.3 I moved to Clover.

But yes Chameleon is a lot easier than Clover if your new to Clover.

Clover is a lot easier for upgrading i.e Can run the App like a official Mac. Bonus.
Agree that Clover is more advanced and you can patch almost everything on fly. But it's more complicated for new user. I used Chameleon since 10.6 and no problem at all till these days when Apple provided SIP and other protective technologies which involved more complicated patches and hard efforts to get everything working.

Agree that Clover is more advanced and you can patch almost everything on fly. But it's more complicated for new user. I used Chameleon since 10.6 and no problem at all till these days when Apple provided SIP and other protective technologies which involved more complicated patches and hard efforts to get everything working.

Use Clover.
You'll learn it eventually and it will save hassle/time.

From El Capitan and on I have used Clover. I was part of a thread that was trying to figure out how to install it on an HP Z400 , HP Z800, and others in that line. In time we were able to do it, and have used it ever since. I am a Senior Citizen, so not as quick and smart as the younger members, but in time learnt enough to be able to install DB 7.

Rehabman I use legacy/MBR boot instead of UEFI. And now it's no sence to use Clover because all working. Had problem with voodooPS2controller cursor stop working after sleep time to time and AppleHDA patched kext 1 of 5 times not boot. I use all 14 ssdt files and there is nothing changed since disable c/p-states and remove null cpu... Still 15-20sec to sleep (not instant like in Win10) and after sleep instant wakeup with any % of battery discharge.. Two things I want it's fast sleep and good touchpad support (Using now ApplePS2Touchpad kext not stop working problem but bad gestures support many wrong gestures triggers).

Rehabman I use legacy/MBR boot instead of UEFI. And now it's no sence to use Clover because all working. Had problem with voodooPS2controller cursor stop working after sleep time to time and AppleHDA patched kext 1 of 5 times not boot. I use all 14 ssdt files and there is nothing changed since disable c/p-states and remove null cpu... Still 15-20sec to sleep (not instant like in Win10) and after sleep instant wakeup with no % battery usage. Two things I want it's fast sleep and good touchpad support (Using now ApplePS2Touchpad kext not stop working problem but bad gestures support many wrong gestures triggers).

If you need legacy for some reason, you can use Clover legacy.
But MBR is not supported by the macOS installer... use GPT.

I'm not going to start supporting Chameleon here. Only Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back