Contribute
Register

Any advices on my Mac PRO (and first) build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I was planning on updating like that. However I have no idea what the issue is (changelog? don't know where to find that) and that's why I only see that BIOS has a problem. In that case I plan to:
- update
- try to install windows to access the BIOS config and try again to install osx
- if all above fail, request a replacement motherboard....

forcabarca said:
Yes I was planning on updating like that. However I have no idea what the issue is (changelog? don't know where to find that) and that's why I only see that BIOS has a problem. In that case I plan to:
- update
- try to install windows to access the BIOS config and try again to install osx
- if all above fail, request a replacement motherboard....
Why should you install windows to access the bios config?
What happened to the 'DEL' button @ POST? Then you should get into the bios.
Maybe your problem is graphics related?
When I put my PNY Quadro 4000 for Mac (for example), it tries to load the EFI Rom (Apple BIOS of the card) instead of the PC version by default. As a result, I can't get into BIOS etc.
So I had to put an old simple card in, to change the setting to 'NOT load the EFI ROM' of the PCIe graphics. But my board is a total different chipset (X79 which doesn't have iGPU/onboard graphics), the AMD6870 shouldn't have any issues with this.

Anyways, start from the basics....
Manage to get into the bios (clear CMOS if necessary), take out the AMD6870
set the right settings for OS X; no over clocking yet, AHCI, .... disable onboard graphics if PEG is detected. (replace AMD6870 before install)
Do memtestx86 if you have any doubt about your RAM to exclude errors caused by that.
If all that goes right, install Lion following a guide closest to your Mobo/CPU combo (which many people are already successfully running)

Success in your quest (which should have been easier than what you experience now...)

Greetz,

D.

Hey guys,

Finally I managed to install OSX! As a first machine I ever build, this was pretty stressing!

Anyway, what happened:
The problem:
- BIOS not configured out of the box for Unibeast installation (couldn't detect HDD)
- for some reason it was impossible to get to the BIOS menu (boot loop, system going directly to "looking for boot drive for installation - ERROR")
- Tried resetting CMOS, unplugging SATAs, GFX card, etc etc

The solution:
- I updated the BIOS to the latest version (using Qflash)
- managed to get to the menu and configured according to the guide here:
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.fr/2010/07/opti ... ation.html
- Everything went smoothly!

Thanks for the help guys!

????????????????????????????????Macbook air?????????????????????????????????????????????unibody????????????1500???

?????????????????Atom D525????????1.8GHz?2G???64G?????13.3?1366*768?????WindowsXP??????????????????USB????HDMI??????SD?????
:D :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back