Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys... I have been researching Hackintosh information for a while and just ordered a system to try out tomorrow.

I have used Macs for years and have an iMac at home and work and macbooks/iphones etc. etc.

I need a new box for work but with a bit more access than an imac and at the moment cant justify the price of the Mac Pro's.

Here is what I ordered:

Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 H55 Socket 1156 DVI VGA HDMI Out 8 Channel Audio MATX Motherboard - Qty: 1
Intel Core i7 860 2.8GHz Socket LGA 1156 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor - Qty: 1
Asus 9800GT 512MB DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card - Qty: 1
Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL7(7-8-7-20) 1.65V Unbuffered Non-ECC - Qty: 1
Western Digital WD6400AARS 640GB Hard Drive SATAII 64MB Cache - OEM Caviar Green - Qty: 1
Lian Li PC-V351B Black Aluminium MicroATX Cube Case - Qty: 1
Antec Basiq Power 550W PSU - 6x SATA 2x PCI-E 20+4pin ATX12V 4/8pin - Qty: 1

Install looks easy enough (I have obviously installed OS X on many many macs over the years)... I have my iboot disc ready. Ordered all the parts based on information found on here... only got the H55M board as it was the only matx board in stock (Obviously wont be using the on board graphics stuff)

Just a note to ask for any advice I might have missed or any problems people can see with my setup?

one question I could do with confirming... my snow leopard install dvd is the original, but I take it i dont HAVE to get the 10.6.3 dvd... I can just update straight to 10.6.4?

Gifted said:
one question I could do with confirming... my snow leopard install dvd is the original, but I take it i dont HAVE to get the 10.6.3 dvd... I can just update straight to 10.6.4?

Yes, that's OK, cf. STEP 3 in Tony's guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back