Contribute
Register

Any advice on this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
for video rendering, which i assume AfterEffects does, i would use as fast of components in both the start up/OS drive and the project/files drive as you can and the price seems to have really come down for the M.2 drives. did i post the link? i was told by someone i trust that this http://www.goplextor.com/Product/Detail/M8Pe(Y)#/Features is supported in Mac OS X. if you are only going to use one M.2 drive, i do not know if it should be the startup or project drive. i posted before this post, make sure you scroll up.

Yeah, sorry for sounding like a complete moron. It’s been like 15+years since I’ve built a computer so my terminology is obviously a bit off. I’m planning on using an AIO water cooler for the cpu but I get that you are saying the M.2 drives might need it as well? I guess if that is the case I can always make a custom loop for everything if I start seeing temp problems. Was hoping to use regular SSDs for the video files instead of the M.2s since the larger M.2 drives are quite expensive, if possible.

for video rendering, which i assume AfterEffects does, i would use as fast of components in both the start up/OS drive and the project/files drive as you can and the price seems to have really come down for the M.2 drives. did i post the link? i was told by someone i trust that this http://www.goplextor.com/Product/Detail/M8Pe(Y)#/Features is supported in Mac OS X. if you are only going to use one M.2 drive, i do not know if it should be the startup or project drive. i posted before this post, make sure you scroll up if you want to see it :)

You've been a big help in figuring things out for this build. If you check my first post in the thread, I made edits to it to show what I've got purchased. Just picked up an EVGA - SC2 Gaming NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card. You think that was a wise choice?

i have never built a computer, i want to but i am just reading about them, so i can not give helpful advice. i wish other people would comment. i hope your build is going well or is finished and working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back