Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi
CPU
i7-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Good ( whatever time it may be for you while reading this ) haha.
I've been planning on building a hakintosh for a while now, and have almost saved up enough to begin buying parts. My main intention for this build is for it to be the sort of 'central hub' for my creative endeavors: photography, video editing ( which I plan on getting into after building this ), graphic design and all that fun stuff. I went from planning this build with a RX 580, to a Vega 56 after it's price came down. Now that the RX 5700 XT has released with the sort of P to P ratio that it's offering (which is freaking insane to me, considering my first build had a 970 when i built it years ago for around the same price) I would most definitely prefer to go with that.

Background info out of the way: my question is, what are expectations currently looking like for Mac compatibility with the RX 5700? If it's anticipated that we may see support somewhere within the next few months or sometime within this year, I don't mind buying it now and running the system off of the iGPU ( or just run Windows for now )
Or would it be better to go just go with a Vega 56?

go with a cheap Vega 56 (reference blower if u can), I think IF we have drivers in Catalina for the RX 5700 & 5700 XT, it will be coming with the next iMac... so somewhere in April 2020

go with a cheap Vega 56 (reference blower if u can), I think IF we have drivers in Catalina for the RX 5700 & 5700 XT, it will be coming with the next iMac... so somewhere in April 2020

Why do you recommend reference blower? Is there a specific reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back