Contribute
Register

Another "Still waiting for root device" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I managed to get all of my audio working, then I tried to install web drivers for my GTX 780 and my system crashed, I managed to boot back into using Command, Option, P, and R then remove it from the preference pane, but now I have no audio.

In my audio output tab, there are now 4x HDMI digital outputs, but none of them work and in my Voodoo HA tab, there is another selection.

"AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/NPE7@3/IOPP/HDAU@0,1"

They seem to be overwriting my working HDMI audio kext. Any ideas?

As per my understanding the GTX 780 have Kepler GPU architecture and it will support natively on OS X. Before installing Web Drivers have you checked whether full QE/CI enabled for your card??

For HDMI Audio Read here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html

As per my understanding the GTX 780 have Kepler GPU architecture and it will support natively on OS X. Before installing Web Drivers have you checked whether full QE/CI enabled for your card??

For HDMI Audio Read here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html

I backed up a little data and reinstalled Yosemite again because I knew it was when I was trying to understand that guide that I screwed up something, everything is working perfectly now except the performance of my 780.

How do I check to see if QE/CI is enabled? It boosts up to its full 1110MHz on the core. (I flashed so it had a higher base clock)

I backed up a little data and reinstalled Yosemite again because I knew it was when I was trying to understand that guide that I screwed up something, everything is working perfectly now except the performance of my 780.

How do I check to see if QE/CI is enabled? It boosts up to its full 1110MHz on the core. (I flashed so it had a higher base clock)

Just check the maximum supported resolutions and detected VRAM.

I still get heavy stuttering every second and a half and lower performance though?

As the graphics card fully detected it VRAM and supported resolutions, i have no idea about why you are facing the shuttering and lower performance.

As you have installed Yosemite successfully and enabled the graphics card, so it is better to open a new thread in this forum's Graphics section with your issue titled. So that you will get fast and better response to solve your Graphics related issues.

Good Luck...!

As the graphics card fully detected it VRAM and supported resolutions, i have no idea about why you are facing the shuttering and lower performance.

As you have installed Yosemite successfully and enabled the graphics card, so it is better to open a new thread in this forum's Graphics section with your issue titled. So that you will get fast and better response to solve your Graphics related issues.

Good Luck...!

Thanks for all your help! :)

Just made a thread. Link

If you want you can download and install latest CUDA Driver. Might be it will help you.

Good Luck...!

I'll give that a try and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back