Contribute
Register

Another "Still waiting for root device" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Yosemite installation completed??

What is the problem in windows??

Is the windows on a separate HDD??

While installing windows the OS X drive connected ??

The install completed successfully after wiping the SSD. The partition map was corrupted beyond repair and disk utility kept freezing up. I tried many different fixes, but none had worked. Windows was on the SSD before OSX was, I haven't gotten around to reinstalling Windows yet, but I will as soon as I get HDMI audio fixed and iMessage/iCloud fixed.

I installed an HDMI audio kext and an SSDT.aml for my board, but it ruined the installation and I was no longer able to boot. It would get to AppleExcludeList.txt in the bootloader, then black screen and reboot. Gave up and reinstalled Yosemite again.

Note: While installing Multibeast, I saw a command that might've been able to fix it, DropSSDT=Yes.

The install completed successfully after wiping the SSD. The partition map was corrupted beyond repair and disk utility kept freezing up. I tried many different fixes, but none had worked. Windows was on the SSD before OSX was, I haven't gotten around to reinstalling Windows yet, but I will as soon as I get HDMI audio fixed and iMessage/iCloud fixed.

I installed an HDMI audio kext and an SSDT.aml for my board, but it ruined the installation and I was no longer able to boot. It would get to AppleExcludeList.txt in the bootloader, then black screen and reboot. Gave up and reinstalled Yosemite again.

Note: While installing Multibeast, I saw a command that might've been able to fix it, DropSSDT=Yes.

Try booting flag "DropSSDT=Yes".

Always better to use your own SSDTs/DSDT. Downloading it from internet will not help always.

For the HDMI enabling search in this forum with your Graphics Card model, you may get some ideas on this as i don't this card to test anything and for giving suggestions.

For fixing iMessage, Read here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Try booting flag "DropSSDT=Yes".

Always better to use your own SSDTs/DSDT. Downloading it from internet will not help always.

For the HDMI enabling search in this forum with your Graphics Card model, you may get some ideas on this as i don't this card to test anything and for giving suggestions.

For fixing iMessage, Read here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

It was a combo package for X79 and X99 motherboards. I just had to reinstall again to make sure it was the cause of the crashes. The files seem to outdated for 10.10.2.

Thank you for the link to fixing iMessage. :)

It was a combo package for X79 and X99 motherboards. I just had to reinstall again to make sure it was the cause of the crashes. The files seem to outdated for 10.10.2.

DSDT/SSDTs will vary with BIOS versions. Even if you are downloading a same motherboard DSDT/SSDT it is not sure will work properly or not. Better extract the native files from your BIOS and apply required patches then use it.

DSDT/SSDTs will vary with BIOS versions. Even if you are downloading a same motherboard DSDT/SSDT it is not sure will work properly or not. Better extract the native files from your BIOS and apply required patches then use it.

Didn't know that. Thanks. :)

EDIT: This is all too much info for me to be able to follow. :S

I launched iMessageDebug 2.0 and both the ROM and Board Serial Number show "failed". Console tells me I'm getting an error code #9.

Didn't know that. Thanks. :)

EDIT: This is all too much info for me to be able to follow. :S

I launched iMessageDebug 2.0 and both the ROM and Board Serial Number show "failed". Console tells me I'm getting an error code #9.

For any queries regarding the iMessage Fix, please post the queries on that thread which i linked above, that will better to faster and correct suggestion/solutions. As i don't have much of idea to troubleshoot that. Even i am also following the Guide as it is.

I'm attempting to get my microphone to work, but I have no idea where to look or even start, any ideas? Its just a standard head phone.

I'm attempting to get my microphone to work, but I have no idea where to look or even start, any ideas? Its just a standard head phone.

After connecting Headphone on the back panel mic port, check in the System Preferences > Sound > Input. You will see something like below, you can change the input volume there.

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 6.36.45 pm.png

If you are using multibeast, then for fixing iMessage read here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ssage-using-chameleon-chimera.html#post942986

So I managed to get all of my audio working, then I tried to install web drivers for my GTX 780 and my system crashed, I managed to boot back into using Command, Option, P, and R then remove it from the preference pane, but now I have no audio.

In my audio output tab, there are now 4x HDMI digital outputs, but none of them work and in my Voodoo HA tab, there is another selection.

"AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/NPE7@3/IOPP/HDAU@0,1"

They seem to be overwriting my working HDMI audio kext. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back