Contribute
Register

Another "PCI Configuration begin" issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi shartep,
Glad to hear you are able to boot now with usb3 enabled in BIOS. According to Gigabytes' website your board is using the same ETRON EJ168 chip as mine.
I have to admit that I have not fully comprehended all changes to USB in El Capitan and the resulting issues.
Rehabman has created an excellent summary:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/
I'd start with the system report to see if USB3 bus and devices show up.
Then you may try different usb3 devices to find any pattern.
Secondly, I have abandoned the DSDT/SSDT files from this site' database as clover seems to apply all necessary patches on the fly. One place less to worry about. If you kept yours, try without them, there may be contradicting settings.
Thirdly you could try GenericUSBXHCI.kext from Rehabman. It should be in Multibeast, else there is a post somewhere on the forum.
Hope that get's you going. Beyond that it becomes rather technical and I am not too savvy in that arena. The good news is that there are other folks out there who have far advanced knowledge than me and you can find contributions on other forums.

El Capitan was installed using Unibeast 6.1.1 and Mulitbeast 8.0.1. (only installed audio and network driver), which I moved onto the EFI-Partition rather than into /Library/Extensions.
I have attached the complete config.plist-file for Clover on my system for your reference. I added more stuff after the Multibeast-Installation, but only the "Fix Darwin" flag in the ACPI section eliminated the USB3 issue (see attached screen shot).
Please note that I am still using the AWARD-BIOS not the UEFI-BIOS.

EDIT: Should have mentioned that I use CloverConfigurator to modify the config.plist and mount the EFI partition.

Your post caused a great deal of happiness in me. May it come back to you tenfold.

EDIT: After some more tests I can now proclaim victory. Adding "FixDarwin" did the trick. Now my USB3 is even working natively without any patches. I also have "FixUSB" and "FixFireWire" enabled, but that did not allow booting.
I should also mention that I am using BIOS F12 on the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. I tried the UEFI version but could not get overclocking to work and reverted back. No real downside of using AWARD BIOS detected yet.
Thanks. This method solved my problem.

EDIT: After some more tests I can now proclaim victory. Adding "FixDarwin" did the trick. Now my USB3 is even working natively without any patches. I also have "FixUSB" and "FixFireWire" enabled, but that did not allow booting.
I should also mention that I am using BIOS F12 on the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. I tried the UEFI version but could not get overclocking to work and reverted back. No real downside of using AWARD BIOS detected yet.

Hi. I have the same problem re the USB3. Would appreciate if you could provide details on how to add "FixDarwin".

I've downloaded Clover Configurator and ticked the "FixDarwin" box. What do I do next?

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back