Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

Hoping you can help me with this.. I just got my HP ProBook 4530s up and running (had to wait 2 weeks for the wireless card), but my Ethernet isn't working. I've loaded it with Lion and so far everything else seems to be operational (no graphics glitches, camera, all USBs, etc.).

Any ideas on what to do here? It's not a major issue for when I'm working at home but I'd like to be connected via ethernet at the office.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Hoping you can help me with this.. I just got my HP ProBook 4530s up and running (had to wait 2 weeks for the wireless card), but my Ethernet isn't working. I've loaded it with Lion and so far everything else seems to be operational (no graphics glitches, camera, all USBs, etc.).

Any ideas on what to do here? It's not a major issue for when I'm working at home but I'd like to be connected via ethernet at the office.

Thanks!

Did you install lnx2mac ethernet kext from Probook Installer?
or one from Realtek site RTGNICv2.0.6For10.7.zip ?

If kext is installed check System Preferences - Network

Sure did! It's listing the connection as "Ethernet2" because my Wifi is listed as "Ethernet", but when I plug the computer in it tells me I'm not connected.

Sure did! It's listing the connection as "Ethernet2" because my Wifi is listed as "Ethernet", but when I plug the computer in it tells me I'm not connected.

Shouldn't have 2 Ethernets. Use "-" sign to delete all network devices and re-add them back starting with "Ethernet" first then WiFi and all Bluetooth devices.

Okay, thanks! I did think it was weird that the Wifi wasn't listed as AirPort. Will try it tonight.

Okay, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times, but no go. WiFi is working, but Ethernet is still nothing. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

BigDonkey's suggestion wasn't to uninstall and reinstall the driver, it was to remove the devices from the Network preference pane in System Preferences, and to allow them to be added again as they are detected after a reboot.

If they aren't automatically added you can add them yourself after a reboot. Only once you have one listing for each device (one Ethernet and one Wifi), should you then start working on the Ethernet driver itself.

I guess I should have been more specific. That's what I did. I removed them from the network section of the System Preferences, restarted and then re-added to my network options and tried to reinstall the driver. Nothing.

Okay, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times, but no go.

OK. you're overdoing it. Each kext install resets configuration.

Do you have these interfaces available when using + sign?

If yes, follow lunar7 directions and have one listing for each device.
If no, we need to check why kext for ethernet is not loading.

Attachments

• eth.png
    eth.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 174
I do have all of those options, and that's what I did last night. Once I restarted and the networks weren;t showing I added Ethernet and then added Wifi. Restarted and Ethernet still wasn't working (Wifi's been fine throughout), and then tried the Kext.

Is there something I should do to refresh or clear out these old install attempts?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back