Contribute
Register

(Another) Is this a good/solid build for my purpose (FCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, no problem. After he checks your 4 links he can search 100's of X79 post here that folks can't or didn't ever get working... It's not like the OP has a lot of experience Hacking.

I do computer consulting for a living, building linux servers for most of my clients that need servers. All command line.

Not a whole lot of experience with macs, but a little bit and the linux experience makes me more of a "power user" than most mac users. My bro-in-law had a bunch of external drives full of music and such that were "owned" by his previous user profile that he no longer had... good ol' apple techs doing.

With a quick command line I was able to change the ownership of the entire drive in minutes and then just rinse and repeat on all of his drives. It was taking him LOTS of pain staking time to do it via the way he was told to do it.

I get the stuff, but man it can be a pain when everything seems like it should work but for whatever reason, doesn't. Even worse works, when it wants!

Like I said, no problem. After he checks your 4 links he can search 100's of X79 post here that folks can't or didn't ever get working... It's not like the OP has a lot of experience Hacking.

Those arent my links they are other users links, users who put the time into making available for pretty much anyone some very detailed guides for X79 builds. I appreciate them thought itd be a good place for anyone interested in X79 to start. Lead the horse to water so to speak he did say X79 and FCP.

As far as 100's failing with X79 builds I have no idea, I dont know the statistics on that I just hope one of them doesnt turn out to be me! Im stoked with my build so far, but so far its Win8 only. Ubuntu next, then this summer if I can pull it off OSX as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back