Gigabyte Z97-HD3
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

Finally finished compiling all the parts I wanted for my new Build Anaheim as listed in my signature.

Unfortunately I am unable to get 10.11.3 to allocate more than 7mb to the vram of my Intel HD 4600. I have searched the site but it seems most of the posts refer to laptop or mobile Intel HD 4600, and unfortunately no solutions just referrals to the laptop FAQ (which doesn't apply to my desktop?).

I am using clover and believe I have the correct bios settings.

Anyone have an idea on where I can start looking or find an answer?

Spang1974

Attachments

• Robert’s iMac.ioreg
    2.4 MB · Views: 100
Hi All,

Finally finished compiling all the parts I wanted for my new Build Anaheim as listed in my signature.

Unfortunately I am unable to get 10.11.3 to allocate more than 7mb to the vram of my Intel HD 4600. I have searched the site but it seems most of the posts refer to laptop or mobile Intel HD 4600, and unfortunately no solutions just referrals to the laptop FAQ (which doesn't apply to my desktop?).

I am using clover and believe I have the correct bios settings.

Anyone have an idea on where I can start looking or find an answer?

Spang1974

You are injecting AAPL,ig-platform-id=0x0166000a. That id is for HD4000, not HD4600.

Most desktops will work with 0x0d220003.

Thanks, I believe I'm injecting the incorrect ID with an old DDST used in clover from my old system. I need to delete it. Thing is, I haven't been able to boot into install or system without it. I get the old No Entry signal.

Trying to get installer or system to boot without the DDST is proving difficult. If anyone can think of an obvious mistake I am making please chime in:)

Spang1974

[solved] - Did a clean install of Clover onto my installer USB and was able to boot into installer and system. When I finally got back into system the vRam was correctly set and video was working fully. No going to reinstall OS X and go from there! Big thanks to the community as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back