Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H170 Pro Gaming
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 580
Alright, so complete disclosure – this is my first time doing this but I’ve managed to successfully install macOS High Sierra on my PC so I thought I’d make a post that highlighted the biggest issues I faced in hopes that it might help someone else down the line.

First of all, a big thank you to @nunziantimo and @kristof.petho for their guides. I have near identical hardware with @nunziantimo so if you do too, I highly recommend you check out his guide first. In fact, this guide should be seen as an extension to his guide that fills in some gaps I found while installing High Sierra on my computer.

CREATING THE BOOTABLE DRIVE

To create a bootable drive, read through the following instructions first to get an overview but note that I did not follow every single step exactly. I will highlight some key differences in the following steps.

Official HS USB Guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

Specifically, I followed @nunziantimo’s guide and his screenshots (they’re in Italian but you can pretty easily match up which things you need to select) and selected the options he had when setting up Clover.

After your done installing clover on the USB, download @nunziantimo’s kext files and add then to your usb’s kext folder (refer to the official HS USB Guide linked above). Also copy and paste his config.plist file. I was able to blindly do so since we have almost identical hardware. Don’t forget to copy apfs.efi per the official HS USB Guide.

You’re done after this step!

INSTALLING HIGH SIERRA ON PC

Do NOT plug your monitor into the motherboard if you are using discrete graphics! The installation will not work!! (This is where I got stuck on)

Plug your USB into your PC and then set up your BIOS as per the following settings:

First load all optimal settings!

Then change these 4 settings if you have an ASUS H170 Pro Gaming Motherboard:

Advanced Items
- USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off > Enabled
- System > Serial > Disable serial port

Boot Menu
- Fast Boot > Disabled
- Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS

Then, boot into your USB (you need to hold down F8 to select which drive you should boot into).

INSTALLING GRAPHICS

Ok so I’m skipping a few steps here but I’m gonna highlight the problem I had after I had successfully set up HS and booted into it.

One of the steps you need to do is install the graphics driver. Watch out for the following things when doing so:
- Ensure you are downloading the most recent NVIDIA web driver for your OS. Otherwise it won’t work.
- Before you install the Web Driver, make sure you set CSrActiveConfig = 0x0. Read the below thread carefully to understand what this actually does. I had to restart the entire setup procedure because I didn’t do this step.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-graphics-web-driver-10-13-high-sierra-help.233283/

After you’ve done this along with other steps like installing Clover on your new computer’s hard drive etc (refer to @nunziiantimo’s guide), reboot your computer, and make sure you use NVIDIA WEB DRIVERS in the Clover bootloader. If you have no clue how to do this, skip to 11:29 of the following video (you should probably watch the entire thing as well just as background knowledge).

Finally for audio, refer to @nunziiantimo’s guide and DOWNLOAD the SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml file and copy it into the EFI folder after you mount it. (Again, refer to above YT video).

iMESSAGE AND FACETIME

Refer to below guide to install iMessage and FaceTime after you’re done with the above.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-configure-your-systems-smbios-correctly.198155/

The second download link (simpleMLB.sh) is outdated. Use the following link:

https://github.com/al3xtjames/MacGen

I got stuck at infinite restart loop like yours..what should I do... tell me in detail..
my config-
1.msi b150m bazooka plus
2.msi gtx 1060 gaming x 6gb
3.i5 6500
4.8x2 kingston ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back