GTX670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey guys..

just thought i'd post a few pics of my g5 conversion.

i chose the motherboard tray route because i wanted the case to be atx compliant. i wanted it to be easy to replace the motherboard and PSU without having to worry about layout and re-customising new bits.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i've still got a few things planned but am pretty happy with it up to now

That looks real nice and clean, great job! Question, was it relatively easy to cut and set up the power plug in the back of your case? I'm currently debating whether to put the PSU up top which seems really nice looking, or set it on the bottom.

oh also what is the model number and make and wattage of your PSU? It seems to fit in there real nice. Thanks!

One of the nicest top mount power supply installs I've seen . Nice work altogether!

cheers guys! i'm pretty happy with it :D

SPerk15: yeah it was easy - just had to pickup the IEC socket and used a combination of a drill and a file to make the hole. It's really easy to cut through the back of the case.

As for the actual power supply - it doesn't matter what you get. As long as there is a 120mm fan on the bottom, you'll be fine. The one im using is an Enermax Modu82+ 625W. Obviously i cut the hole in the shelf and have mounted the PSU using the fan screws.

Nice job, looks great. I was going to mount my PSU in the same manner and put the drive tray below the DVD drive.

What did you use to make the cut out for the fan?

Where did you buy the AC parts for making the plug for the PSU?

How did you mount the drive tray?

mishok said:
Nice job, looks great.
thanks!
mishok said:
What did you use to make the cut out for the fan?
jigsaw with aluminum blade
mishok said:
Where did you buy the AC parts for making the plug for the PSU?
here: http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID ... rm=KEYWORD
for the cable - i just cut up an old IEC cable. I then made a little mold and covered the terminals on the back with silicon (for extra safety).
mishok said:
How did you mount the drive tray?
i drilled a couple of holes in the shelf and used some of these spacers with appropriate sized bolts:
http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID ... rm=KEYWORD

hey im new to this and really want to do the same as you have done...would you mind posting the parts you used and where you go them from, im struggling to find the right parts, its almost cheaper to buy a G5 in-tact then it is to buy the case alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back