Contribute
Register

Another Audio/Video Editing Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Looking to build my first Hackintosh (built hundreds of PCs before) so looking for the least potential problems as possible. My Late 2013 MBP just can’t handle it anymore.

Main purpose is Photoshop, Lightroom, Audio (Cubase, Audition, Reaper) and Final Cut Pro X. No gaming. Given the Radeons work best with FCPX was hoping to use that GPU

So thoughts are:
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5 (for Thunderbolt)
i7-7700K
Corsair H60 Watercooling Kit
2x 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 (add another 2 later)
Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB AHCI M.2 SSD (OS & Apps) Data on normal Sandisk/Samsung SSD
Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 Gaming OC 4GB - or - MSI Radeon RX 560 Aero ITX OC 4GB (subject to availability at time)
Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac 1750Mbps Desktop PCi-E WiFi Adapter Hackintosh + BT (eBay)
EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G1 80+ Gold Modular PSU
Fractal Design Define R5 Mid Tower Case

I use a USB Audio Interface for Audio I/O (Steinberg UR44)

Any thoughts, potential issues??? The more OoB the better for me.

Cheers.

Hi

what GPU did you choose?
I'm interesting in MSI RX560 AERO ITX 4GB

You might consider redistributing you money a little more evenly by getting a 7600k instead and an rx580. I regret cheaping out on graphics card for FCPX opencl acceleration.

xyzed,

I appreciate you extensive listing and request for input. Am disappointed that there has not been a broader response to your request for inputs.

Just wondering why you are not building with intel’s lasers i7 8700K 6 core processor?

I am a newcomer to Hackintosh & PC builds. My intent is to spec out and build a Hackintosh with Coffee Lake i7. 8700 K processor with GTX 1080 ti GPU as the base elements to drive an Oculus Rift VR rig on the PC side and 4K Video editing on the MacOS High Sierra side.

I am searcjng for ideal motherboard, blue tooth, WiFi, and case with no less than 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports - any recommendations on best in class for these types of items is most appreciated.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back