Contribute
Register

Annoying noise coming from speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be great.
I tried both straight off the mobo with a pin conversion as well as a NI Audio 8 USB soundcard. Same exact noise with both. I have KRK rokit5 gen2

That'd be great.
I tried both straight off the mobo with a pin conversion as well as a NI Audio 8 USB soundcard. Same exact noise with both. I have KRK rokit5 gen2

Hi there,

Are you using VooDooHDA?

If so, check out this link for fixes for common problems.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/267905-voodoohda-common-problems/

It sounds to me as if you have the Larsen Effect. Its a very simple fix. Look at how to fix it in the guide and report back!

Thanks,
Dan

Hi there,

Are you using VooDooHDA?

If so, check out this link for fixes for common problems.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/267905-voodoohda-common-problems/

It sounds to me as if you have the Larsen Effect. Its a very simple fix. Look at how to fix it in the guide and report back!

Thanks,
Dan

Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 1.08.16 PM.png
here is what you are referring to i believe, however this is a foreign language to me..
are these terminal commands? Where and what is iGain?

please excuse my ignorance, I'm a beginner..

i have the same problem... KRK monitors and gigabyte z87x ud7 th. :banghead: :banghead:

Same issue here with Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H mobo and KRK RP6 G2 speakers.
Not as much noise as in the video, but still annoying.
Nothing happens on my headphones either.
It gets worse when visual things on the desktop happen, like moving the mouse or using mission control.

Does anybody here already found a solution????

Having the same issues here and running KRK Rokit 6s, Don't think its the speakers however because I've unplugged and turn off the speakers just using my Personus Audiobox and its still there. Worst thing is that the buzz/static-y noise is on the input too, so recording anything with it right now is impossible. You guys found a fix?

Nope no fix yet here.
The speakers aren't the problem, I can hear it also on my headphones if I crank up the volume on my mixer.
So when I amplify the signal from the computer to much I notice it, a partial "fix" is to turn down the volume on the back of the KRK's, but no real solution :(

From what I have read on the net about this problem is that it is probably my MoBo, newer versions of my MoBO also have some changes on the soundcard department, only I can't find the reason why they made that changes.
If it's not the MoBo then it's most likely the PSU, but I don't like to disassemble my whole computer :(

Maybe will I try to use optical output with a convertor to analog, I hope that will work

Having the same problem here, with ROKIT 5s running through an Apogee Duet. No audio problems on an actual Macbook, no static from headphones in the same system. It was originally happening in just one speaker, now it's spread to both. Anyone with any ideas?

I mix audio for a living and this is a total machine-killer for me. I just got my Hackintosh and I'd hate to lose it.

Having the same problem here, with ROKIT 5s running through an Apogee Duet. No audio problems on an actual Macbook, no static from headphones in the same system. It was originally happening in just one speaker, now it's spread to both. Anyone with any ideas?

I mix audio for a living and this is a total machine-killer for me. I just got my Hackintosh and I'd hate to lose it.

Don't give up, the hackintosh experience for me has been great and I built my first this year and my cousins. I am currently using a fire studio project and a pcie firewire card. I boot with Clover and seem to have no issues. The computer and other network gear is being powered by a separate outlet than my audio equipment, this has seemed to eliminate the issue for me. If you can borrow a USB interface to see if it's the Thunderbolt, that would likely be an easy diagnostic tool. Also, check the Gigabyte website on Windows and install the latest drivers, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back