i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Newegg has the Gigabyte RX 570 4GB graphics card for $129.99 AR till Saturday. I bought the Aorus version of this 570 and tested it with my GA-Z97X system and it worked OOB. Is very quiet and does well over 100 FPS in the heaven benchmark, no stuttering. Requires 8 pin power. If your PSU is 450W + and bronze rated, your fine. Has 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 memory.

If you have a 1050 Ti or GTX 1060 and want Mojave compatibility this is the way to go. Who knows if there will ever be Nvidia drivers for Mojave and beyond ? This way you won't have to play the waiting game with every new macOS update.

You'll never see a lower price for these new than right now, this weekend. It's performance is only 10-11% lower than a 580 so this is a great value at this price. The 580s are currently selling for $199. Amazon has sold out of these. 3rd party sellers prices start at $168. So Newegg is the way to go for the best price.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125966&ignorebbr=1

3.gif

Last edited:
which SMBIOS are you using with this? I'm using the ASUS ROG Strix version of this card, and I found that while the DVI ports both work, in order to use the HDMI and DP ports I could only use certain systems - I'm currently using iMac 14.2. (It became an issue when I recently bought a Dell 27" monitor, which only has HDMI and VGA for input).

which SMBIOS are you using with this? I'm using the ASUS ROG Strix version of this card, and I found that while the DVI ports both work, in order to use the HDMI and DP ports I could only use certain systems - I'm currently using iMac 14.2. (It became an issue when I recently bought a Dell 27" monitor, which only has HDMI and VGA for input).
I'm using iMac 15,1 as I've got a 4690K CPU. It's the best match. I can use either DP or HDMI with no issues. Haven't tried DVI yet as my monitor doesn't have that input.

That’s the price of a RX 560 with about twice the performance.
2x the performance at the same price, what's not to like ? I was quite surprised at the "heft" of this card. It weighs in at just under 2 pounds. 1 lb. 11 oz. to be exact. It has 4 copper heat pipes and a metal backplate. There is one click overclocking software from Gigabyte, so you can make it perform at a 580 level quite easily. The RGB lighting is not important to me but it looks nice through my TG side panel on my case.

Last edited:
2x the performance at the same price, what's not to like ? I was quite surprised at the "heft" of this card. It weighs in at just under 2 pounds. 1 lb. 11 oz. to be exact. It has 4 copper heat pipes and a metal backplate. There is one click overclocking software from Gigabyte, so you can make it perform at a 580 level quite easily. The RGB lighting is not important to me but it looks nice through my TG side panel on my case.

Looks like PowerColor has one too.
Newegg!

D9B51901-6249-41B0-82B7-B966A04879B5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back