Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
6900 XT (Spoofed)
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi Guys,

The H.264 video below in the link, made some fans rev lower. Didn't work for me and a few others.

Link to video clip (101mb) - 1080p H.264
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jwbdkqvwvj71s3/test.mov?dl=0

So!

I surfed the web, and suddenly out of nowhere, my fans rev'ed down... completely! It was and is... glorious.

Open this link below in a browser and enjoy some silence. Only works when you got safari open unfortuantely, but it's better then nothing. You can run it on a secondary screen and get the benefit + work in fullscreen apps on another screen.

Here's the link: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/show-hidden-files-mac-3520878/

Now I have 2 system's completely silent (unless the GPU gets stressed).

Last edited:
Bump in case anyone needs a silent Vega card :)

Just drag a video in your startup items. Opens QuickTime on startup automatically and vega is silent. Have been doing this for over half a year now.

Holy crap I had no idea!!!! This is a great fix lol. Thanks a million.

Just drag a video in your startup items. Opens QuickTime on startup automatically and vega is silent. Have been doing this for over half a year now.

Better solution can be found here (relevant info starts around page 6). ocrasit revealed that the power tables can be modified. I am currently using the Vega 56 kext made by wyhtc and it's working great.

would you have a copy of that RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext ?? please! the link in that tread is dead ; ( and I can't get the VGTab-en kext to work either ; (

THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH for your guide bro!! I am a huge fan. i can almost the same setup as you and the last bit is this fan noise on the MSI airboost Vega 56. thanks again!

would you have a copy of that RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext ?? please! the link in that tread is dead ; ( and I can't get the VGTab-en kext to work either ; (

THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH for your guide bro!! I am a huge fan. i can almost the same setup as you and the last bit is this fan noise on the MSI airboost Vega 56. thanks again!

The kext attached to this post works very well.

The kext attached to this post works very well.

YES!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! it worked one shot!! amazing! not sure why all the VegaTab_56.kext files rendered out of the VGTab app didnt work but the one in your link worked like a charm!!

You're the man!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back