Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AUROS Gaming 7
CPU
Intel i5-8600
Graphics
onboard Intel UHD 630
Does anyone think there will be compatibility problems with this new graphics driver out today? Or do we have to wait and see?

I don't think the RX 590 is worth the money. I came to that conclusion after reading this AnandTech article > https://www.anandtech.com/show/13570/the-amd-radeon-rx-590-review

The 590 barely keeps up with the GTX 1060 and has coolers the take up 2+ slots which is bad news for mATX and ITX motherboard users.

The good news is that the 590 will drive down the prices of the 560/570/580 which are natively supported in HS 10.13.6 and Mojave.

YMMV.

The 590 barely keeps up with the GTX 1060 and has coolers the take up 2+ slots which is bad news for mATX and ITX motherboard users.

I think that people who game a lot in Windows would be better off with a GTX 1060. They would simply have to use High Sierra when they want to run macOS until Nvidia drivers come out. The 1060 uses a lot less energy and runs cooler and it costs about the same or less than a new 590. There are many very good 1060s in the $250 to $270 range at Amazon and Newegg right now. Even lower prices for BF weekend.

Nearly 110W lower power consumption in this game. Many gamers play for hours at a time. That really adds up over time.
Screen Shot 1.jpg

Last edited:
I believe some have reported the 2060 is expected around the end of the year, so a month might be worth waiting for a Nvidia card to see.

I believe some have reported the 2060 is expected around the end of the year, so a month might be worth waiting for a Nvidia card to see.
Keep your fingers crossed that Nvidia gets drivers released. Otherwise, AMD can be our new best friend.

Does anyone think there will be compatibility problems with this new graphics driver out today? Or do we have to wait and see?

It has a device ID 0x6FDF1002 so it’s not in the MacOS drivers but it might work with info.plist edits. I have one on back order from Amazon and will test when it gets here.
XFX RX 590 Fatboy! 3 slot card.

I don't think the RX 590 is worth the money. I came to that conclusion after reading this AnandTech article > https://www.anandtech.com/show/13570/the-amd-radeon-rx-590-review

The good news is that the 590 will drive down the prices of the 560/570/580 which are natively supported in HS 10.13.6 and Mojave.

YMMV.

They are already coming down, now is the time to buy RX 5XX cards before they disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back