Contribute
Register

AMD RX 460 - anyone got audio through Display Port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170MX
CPU
I7 6700k
Graphics
HD 530 IGFX; GIGABYTE RX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Got card working on Sierra (infact it just worked after clean install of Sierra), just need Audio now through DP desparately?

Thanks for the reply but I have had to guess what you are referring me to on this page - the NO AUDIO WORKING ON DP part at the foot of the page by any chance?

I fully realise that you are very particular and thorough in how people answer your questions and that you like people to "do their research" so I read all 223 pages on that topic - loads of mention of HDMI but very little about DP - I am assuming that if you get HDMI working it DOES NOT follow suit that DP works also?

Not correct. HDMI Audio AppleHDA methods enable macOS HDMI/DP/DVI audio for all supported graphics systems.
Thanks toleda

It must be a fine line between helping people (otherwise you wouldn't be here on the forum) and not being annoyed at giving out the same information you've given out already to a thousand people - I run another forum (for a Ski resort) and I've forgotten the amount of times people have asked me the best route from Barcelona to Andorra - its in a Sticky - just look morons!

So I appreciate your help, but should I start at page 1 again or could you point me to a more exact starting point of what I need to do? Thanks

See HDMI Audio AppleHDA/cloverHDMI
Issue is the kext not the tchnique. New products get special builds; the fix may, or may not, be in the next software update.
Thanks again - In my case I do have audio on line out - I was using the monitor as an audio pass-through by feeding the audio out from the screen to my speaker system as I have 3 x Video/audio inputs to the monitor (Hack, Apple TV & Sky Box) as my speaker system has only 1 x input - it was a convenient way to mix 3 to 1 audio inputs.

I'll now put in an inline audio switcher until I can get sound on my DP. Many thanks

PS off topic but you don't know if USB-C works on boot do you i.e. will it display BIOS on boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back