Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB not working on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should get a HDMI or DisplayPort to DVI D adapter. The DVI D port on RX cards is troublesome and will probably need a SSDT or Dsdt patch to make it work correctly. Adapter will be much easier and probably quicker.

So the DVI-D port on RX cards are confirmed to be troublesome when under MacOS?

I have previously wondered if this is the reason of my recent troubles. When I got my Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB, I connect it to the monitor using the DVI-D port. There were no problems in High Sierra, but occasionally it will give me a garbled screen with snowflakes when I booted into Sierra (with the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts). I changed to a HDMI-to-DVI adapter and the situation improved somewhat but it still sometimes gave me graphics stripes in Sierra.

Eventually I got a DisplayPort-to-VGA adapter and rearranged my monitor inputs (I have 2 other Windows systems connected to the same monitor), connect the VGA port to the adapter and since then there are no further problems.

I use bootable usb created by unibeast 9.0 to boot and get logged in. I try with your config.plist and it's not working.
Huh ?
You can boot your Kingston drive using UniBeast USB clover but you cannot boot from Kingston Clover ?
How was that IOREG extracted (after booting from USB) ?

Also, your IOREG file you posted shows that no ATI acceleration driver is active and wharevergreen is trying to patch Baffin but did not work. My config I sent you tried to use the Orinoco Framebuffer but with Mojave, your port layout is not supported by Orinoco. You will probably need to patch the Framebuffer (which Whatevergreen is suppose to do but clearly not working).
Suggest you try DP (using a DP-HDMI adapter and connect to a HDMI input on your monitor).

Thanks for many helps on me. Seem like the problem is solved. I bought DVI to HDMI adapter and connected to HDMI port on RX580 and do a clean install Mojave, everything works fine :) Thank you everyone. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2561-11-22 at 00.03.41.png
    Screen Shot 2561-11-22 at 00.03.41.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 370
  • Screen Shot 2561-11-22 at 00.06.15.png
    Screen Shot 2561-11-22 at 00.06.15.png
    141 KB · Views: 375
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back