Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 480

Status
Not open for further replies.
your score is a bit low
Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 5.28.07 PM.png

I got sapphire nitro oc rx 480 8gb i tried change kext but still with no acceleration, anyone can confirm if this card work with acceleration?

mine is a sapphire nitro+oc rx480 4gb. is working with pcie via bios settings other os set to windows8 and csm always to never

edit your amdx4100kext info.plist with 0x67DF1002 like the sample i uploaded

Attachments

• Info.plist
    2.7 KB · Views: 224
Thanks @Gigamaxx for the instructions. I have acceleration working on my MSI Rx 480 Gaming X.
I don't have video playback working (youtube) for some reason. I followed the directions from Phillips garage video and have set IGPX as primary.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I got this error when i change kext 4100 and add 0x67DF1002, and few color pixels in line
IMG_20161113_060739.jpg

Thanks @Gigamaxx for the instructions. I have acceleration working on my MSI Rx 480 Gaming X.
I don't have video playback working (youtube) for some reason. I followed the directions from Phillips garage video and have set IGPX as primary.

Any ideas?

Try downloading chrome and using as primary browser. I have trouble with YouTube on my MacBook 6.1 with Sierra. Sierra is a buggy software for now. Using chrome to browse helps to stabilize YouTube.

Sometimes internal graphics support needs to be working and supported as well for full acceleration. I have noticed that Stehors Luxmark score is higher and it's most likely the 40 compute units he has with his Iris graphics which beat the heck out of HD 530 and it's 24 compute units. When you have good internal graphics support you get higher benchmarks. The Uningine Benchmarks are better with them as well.

Which Intel internal graphics do you have?
For the Skylake series HD 530 graphics you can edit and meddle with it and try to get it to work right now. Or use the " native " SKL CRB" graphics. If you used Multibeast and chose HD 530 graphics this sets you down the path to finding the fix for 530. I don't use that option in Multibeast because I found it a lot easier to use the SKL CRB and it increased benchmarks.

The SKL is for Skylake graphics and there are a lot of Intel ID s to choose from. I use the simple SKL CRB fix for Skylake graphics by using Intel fake ID 0x19120003, and ig platform ID 0a20608. I don't inject Intel and only use the two IDs in clover graphics settings. The result is Intel HD SKL CRB graphics 1536mb. You need to allocate 64 for minimum internal graphics memory and if you have the ability set also to maximum allowable. You do this in your board bios settings. It's not the best graphics on its own but it's native in Sierra kexts, and works well for IGFX with the RX cards.
SKL CRB graphics.png 30 Bit (ARGB2101010)color.
For Intel HD 4xxx, 3xxx graphics see other fixes.

Last edited:
your score is a bit low

No, If I use Luxmark v. 3.1 I get the same as yours. I use 3.0 to maximise compatibility with other results. But still both are lower that Windows' result ...

more: you should tick out Iris Pro! :rolleyes: using only discrete graphic card will lead to the correct result! Please remake the test and post results.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 11.31.53.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 11.31.53.png
    417.8 KB · Views: 110
my point was my 4gb card has a memory clock of 1750 the 8gb cards are at 2000 you should be beating me regardless. luxmark 3.0 not availible Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 6.56.58 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back