Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. I had a sudden reboot twice while quitting Cubase 9.0.30. That's not good. In fact, a showstopper. What can the matter be?

Hi all,
I've a RX 480 XFX 8GB.
I put Lilu e Whatewergreen in EFI\CLOVER\KEXT\Other and all work very well, without helper card.

Now I upgraded to 10.13 (10.13.1).
I've two problem with:
- sleep/wake
- exporting in H264 using FCP or iMovie
The only way to export is use iMac19.1 in system definition. But I lose the speedstep (cpu states is only 45 or 12).

In every day use no problem, but isn't perfect as should be.

Any suggestions?
Other people had same issue with H264 export?
(I know that almost all have 10.13 issue with sleep/wake)

Hi all,
I've a RX 480 XFX 8GB.
I put Lilu e Whatewergreen in EFI\CLOVER\KEXT\Other and all work very well, without helper card.

Now I upgraded to 10.13 (10.13.1).
I've two problem with:
- sleep/wake
- exporting in H264 using FCP or iMovie
The only way to export is use iMac19.1 in system definition. But I lose the speedstep (cpu states is only 45 or 12).

In every day use no problem, but isn't perfect as should be.

Any suggestions?
Other people had same issue with H264 export?
(I know that almost all have 10.13 issue with sleep/wake)

Some are reporting success or less crashes by using IGPU 64mb memory allocation and multi monitor enabled but PEG or PCIE card as primary display. The Intel igpu helps with the sleep wake and certain graphics instructions. So you set it up like your using IGPU but select PEG mode.

I don't know if this is possible at all.
I found out that I had whatevergreen and lilu in my extensions folder(I normally install to the EFI partition, don't know haw these 2 ended up in extensions folder)
So not OOB in my case.

I don't know if this is possible at all.
I found out that I had whatevergreen and lilu in my extensions folder(I normally install to the EFI partition, don't know haw these 2 ended up in extensions folder)
So not OOB in my case.

If you ran Multibeast it may have placed them there.

Yeah. I found all sorts of older kexts. Amazing that my hack worked as it did. Cleaned it up a bit.
BTW, can you see/read your 480 GPU temps?

No, not yet the HWMonitor apps don't work yet for AMD cards, but OSX has "AutoWattMan" to control temps and fan speeds.

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 4.05.56 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back