Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 480

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the instructions and my Sapphire RX 480 8GB (reference) works. All I did was:
  • Clover v3949
  • Add 0x67DF1002 to /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4100.kext/Contents/Info.plist (remember to fix permission and clear cache after saving, I use Kext Utility)
  • config.plist: Inject ATI = true, and yes, that's it, that's the only config you need to change, no FBName or FakeID
  • View attachment 222822
I also left Inject Intel = true and tried false as well.

Issues: Main monitor is connected via DP and works great. Second monitor is connected by HDMI and won't work at all. If I uncheck Inject ATI and Inject Intel, it works, but the resolution is off and very pixelated/laggy on the second monitor. Main monitor seems to work just fine under those settings, however About This Mac shows R9 xxx instead of RX 480.

Also, FCPX 10.3 crashes as soon as it opens. This was happening with my R9 280x, but it was a failing card which is why I just replaced it (I was having other issues with that card). If I remove the GPU and just use Intel integrated graphics, FCPX works just fine.

Any insight on any of this?
were you able to get this solved? I am having a similar problem but only after waking from sleep.

Hey, is anyone with a rx 480 card noticing issues after sleep with YouTube or Google Chrome or FCPX? It seems like youtube videos do not want to play after it resumes from sleep in Safari and sometimes Google Chrome does not load after sleep. Also, FCPX becomes unresponsive after sleep. I have nothing selected in the Clover Graphics settings and have just done the info.plist change in the 4100 kext. System Def 17,1 (i7 6700k, Z170n gaming 5, 16gb ddr4)
Maybe try, darkwake=8 in boot arguments. see above post previous page.

This is great news, are you in Sierra 10.12.1 public release or the Beta 10.12.2?

4K @ 60hz. You're rockin! Are you using DisplayPort for the 60hz or does it work with the HDMI?

Thanks for reporting this method by the way, this may help with the igpu requirement fixes.

Sorry, I just noticed your earlier post.
View attachment 223360
This is the 10.12.2 Beta 4 version of the AMD9500Controllerkext. Its loaded with Polaris 10 support, and Baffin or Polaris 11 is also there.
But this is the really cool part.
View attachment 223361 Vega 10! Mac Pro?

Yes, DisplayPort 4K @ 60hz on 10.12.2 Beta 4. With system def 17,1, skylake i5 6600k (HD530).
BUT it isn't stable I think. I feel little bit lag sometimes, exspecially on scaled resolutions. Maybe RX480 doesn't use all of RX460 technologies by kexts. FreeSync working but slow (mouse latency).

Yes, DisplayPort 4K @ 60hz on 10.12.2 Beta 4. With system def 17,1, skylake i5 6600k (HD530).
BUT it isn't stable I think. I feel little bit lag sometimes, exspecially on scaled resolutions. Maybe RX480 doesn't use all of RX460 technologies by kexts. FreeSync working but slow (mouse latency).

I tried out a 4k monitor and its like trying to cross a football field with the mouse. In clover there is a pointer speed and the default is 8 I believe. you may be able to bump that number up to 12 in GUI settings? I also noticed you added 67DF1002 definition rather than using the 67EO to 67DF change. there are normally 3 IDs in the kext. Have you tried the EO to DF fix in that kext instead of adding a 4th?

just tried using darkwake=8, some good news is that now my comp will awake with just a keyboard press, unfortunately the safari YouTube problem is still there. It loads audio but doesn't show video.
I have the same issue with my Real MAcBook 6.1 I have to use the full screen option to get video to play. If I leave it in normal mode I get the sound but the screen is stuck on the first frame. Try the full screen mode. This is also happening with real Macs I think its a Sierra thing.

I have the same issue with my Real MAcBook 6.1 I have to use the full screen option to get video to play. If I leave it in normal mode I get the sound but the screen is stuck on the first frame. Try the full screen mode. This is also happening with real Macs I think its a Sierra thing.
I think my problem is slightly different, my whole Youtube video page freezes if I click a video, I get the beachball and comments don't even load nor does the ad before the video.

Hey Guys,
I successfully patched my "blurry" external scaled 4K display. (Sam. U28E850). So, scaled screen resolutions on my external display was not sharp. Okay... sharp but wasn't perfectly. Now sharper I think?!

How to Patch it? Override EDID information to get Force RGB mode with using a single script (macOS Sierra):
  1. Download the script from https://gist.github.com/ejdyksen/8302862
  2. Copy the script to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides
  3. (--for beginners: /System is hidden folder, reveal it--)
  4. Open terminal
  5. In terminal: Enter: sudo -s
  6. In terminal: Enter your user (login) password
  7. In terminal: Paste: sudo ruby /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/patch-edid.rb
  8. Reboot

Plus 1 tip: Never buy TN panel monitor, If you don't want to buy an expensive unusable toy for your geeky eyes! Best option is the Lg27UD88 IPS 4K ;)

Many thanks for the script creator: ejdyksen

Are You see any difference?

I'm running 10.12.2 Beta 5. Having issue with OpenGL and there is no AMD9500Controller.kext or AMDRadeonX4100.kext in my Extensions. The system sees my XFX RX 480 8GB as the R9 xxx. I currently have Inject Intel = True and Inject AMD = True

I'm running 10.12.2 Beta 5. Having issue with OpenGL and there is no AMD9500Controller.kext or AMDRadeonX4100.kext in my Extensions. The system sees my XFX RX 480 8GB as the R9 xxx. I currently have Inject Intel = True and Inject AMD = True

Are you using System/Libraries/Extensions, or Libraries/Extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back