Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for what you are doing for the community. But couple of things here.

Edit. If you remove the SSDT you will see high power usage with all the monitor apps.
I don't think it will if you already had orinoco framebuffer(FB) injected via other methods.

1. Orinoco FB injection under device property or graphic section of clover,
2. RX 580 ssdt by KGP from years ago or any SSDT written to inject orinoco FB
3. Modifying the part number of your RX 580 in vbios to Mac Edition 580 Pro's part number (that way MacOS will natively use Orinoco FB and no other injection method needed but may require AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch for DP port).

In the end, like others have said, I think RX 580 is already optimized in MacOS in terms of performance. For that low power consumption reporting, all you need is to inject orinoco FB or some other working framebuffers such as Dayman, Guariba, Baladi(may require framebuffer patch depending on the version of your RX 580 to avoid blacksceen) to achieve that lower power consumption reporting.

The SSDT is for noobs and device properties is for advanced users.
Yeah, it is true that dropping SSDT to inject Orinoco FB in EFI folder makes things a whole lot easier but I think it will be nicer if you can also mention in your first post that your ssdt would require DTGP Method for it to work properly for noobs as quoted above.

Last edited:
Thanks for what you are doing for the community. But couple of things here.

I don't think it will if you already had orinoco framebuffer(FB) injected via other methods.

1. Orinoco FB injection under device property or graphic section of clover,
2. RX 580 ssdt by KGP from years ago or any SSDT written to inject orinoco FB
3. Modifying the part number of your RX 580 in vbios to Mac Edition 580 Pro's part number (that way MacOS will natively use Orinoco FB and no other injection method needed but may require AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch for DP port).

In the end, like others have said, I think RX 580 is already optimized in MacOS in terms of performance. For that low power consumption reporting, all you need is to inject orinoco FB or some other working framebuffers such as Dayman, Guariba, Baladi(may require framebuffer patch depending on the version of your RX 580 to avoid blacksceen) to achieve that lower power consumption reporting.

Yeah, it is true that dropping SSDT to inject Orinoco FB in EFI folder makes things a whole lot easier but I think it will be nicer if you can also mention in your first post that your ssdt would require DTGP Method for it to work properly for noobs as quoted above.

Hello there,

What method are you using?

Hi, I've tried all methods but i still have 85-100w reporting on idle. (RX580 nitro+ 8G)

(i'm using clover with WEG already)
method 1: SSDT-RX580- Version 1.0.aml + addDTGP in clover + inject ATI (actual method)
method 2: Orinoco FB injection in clover graphic section + inject ATI (without SSDT and addDTGP...)

Tried with or without DAGPM.kext....

I'm i missing something?:shifty:

Attachments

• iMacgloub.ioreg
    8.4 MB · Views: 54
  • CLOVER.zip
    12.4 MB · Views: 51
Hi, @mattystonnie I am wondering if the patch should be enabled? I tried both ways. If it's enabled, I see there is an ACPI error in the log; if not, the error is gone.

'rename PEGP to EGP0' patch enabled:
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 4.30.46 PM.png

'rename PEGP to EGP0' patch not enabled:
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 4.31.30 PM.png

Hi, I've tried all methods but i still have 85-100w reporting on idle. (RX580 nitro+ 8G)

(i'm using clover with WEG already)
method 1: SSDT-RX580- Version 1.0.aml + addDTGP in clover + inject ATI (actual method)
method 2: Orinoco FB injection in clover graphic section + inject ATI (without SSDT and addDTGP...)

Tried with or without DAGPM.kext....

I'm i missing something?:shifty:

Tried to fix your SSDT-HACK with lots of errors.

Why do you use cpu friend?

Do you need lilufriend.kext and lilu.kext? maybe its the same thing?

Attachments

• CLOVER-zedoc.zip
    12.7 MB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back