Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Correct, this is the way to activate it. Along with placing it in the Kexts folder. However, you need to spell correctly. PropertyInjector. Looks like your missing the "y"
I was pretty sure there was something funny about why it wouldn’t load. So the graphic you posted is just the .plist from the kext showing in Propertree then right? There is another kext behaving the same way I think I can work with now if needed by just doing the same thing. Meanwhile....spelling errors OMG. Thanks

I was pretty sure there was something funny about why it wouldn’t load. So the graphic you posted is just the .plist from the kext showing in Propertree then right? There is another kext behaving the same way I think I can work with now if needed by just doing the same thing. Meanwhile....spelling errors OMG. Thanks
Been there done that, Open Core is not forgiving.

There is also a way to get other kexts that lack a MacOS folder to work. You blank out the Executable Path entry and just use the info.plist.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 8.00.53 PM.png

I have now built a Kext based on Brumbaer's property injector which does the job for Radeon VII, RX 5700, RX 5700 XT, Vega 56, Vega 64 and RX580. All it does is injecting the framebuffer properties of the Apple counterparts of the mentioned PC graphics cards.
If you want additional properties or a PowerPlay Table you can either edit the kexts info.plist to your likings or just use Clover / OpenCore property injection for that.
Should work with Hackintoshes, real Mac Pros and eGPUs. Feel free to test and report your results - especially Geekbench results.
Integrated the efforts of each net friend, should indicate next

I've been trying this kext. When I use my Radeon VII it works absolutely perfectly, with 90k geekbench scores.

However, I just got a 5700XT and when I put that in, using the same config except switching to iMac19,1 SMBIOS and activating iGPU, the computer reboots just before getting to the login screen. With the debug flag I can see it hangs at gIOScreenLockState3, and depending on what I activate/deactivate on clover it'll hang at different points.

I've tried disabling WEG, with WEG, with iGPU and without, all the different ports on the card... I'm stumped as to why it wont work. If I disable the kext the system boots and works perfectly.

I'm using 10.15.5 beta 2, could that be interfering somehow? Its strange that it works perfectly with the VII but it wont with the 5700.

I'm attaching my EFI folder in case you want to check it out.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 94
I've been trying this kext. When I use my Radeon VII it works absolutely perfectly, with 90k geekbench scores.

However, I just got a 5700XT and when I put that in, using the same config except switching to iMac19,1 SMBIOS and activating iGPU, the computer reboots just before getting to the login screen. With the debug flag I can see it hangs at gIOScreenLockState3, and depending on what I activate/deactivate on clover it'll hang at different points.

I've tried disabling WEG, with WEG, with iGPU and without, all the different ports on the card... I'm stumped as to why it wont work. If I disable the kext the system boots and works perfectly.

I'm using 10.15.5 beta 2, could that be interfering somehow? Its strange that it works perfectly with the VII but it wont with the 5700.

I'm attaching my EFI folder in case you want to check it out.

Use the SSDT method or Device Properties, go back a few pages. Tested with iMac 14.2 SMBios, IGPU+ DGPU enabled.

Use the SSDT method or Device Properties, go back a few pages. Tested with iMac 14.2 SMBios, IGPU+ DGPU enabled.

Using the SSDT doesn't seem to work. Do I need to do anything other than dropping it in the Patched folder?

I'll look at the device properties method too, seems a bit complicated.

Why would you do that?
I've always heard its better if you're using a 5700XT. Either way, I'm now on the iMacPro SMBIOS with no iGPU and the issue persists.

Back