Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

@mattystonnie thanks for the help but that last EFI didnt work either. I've also tried adding my DSDT to it and playing around with enabling/disabling WEG.

At this point I think ts either something related to runing 10.15.5 beta or my specific 5700XT card. I'll try your new method when you release it just in case.

I never seen or used this Quirks method, looks like related to Open Core and imported to Clover, maybe your problem is there.

Edit. Just saw who made your DSDT, it is good. Can you give me your ioreg copy?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 21.40.24.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 21.40.24.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
I never seen or used this Quirks method, looks like related to Open Core and imported to Clover, maybe your problem is there.

Could be, the EFI I'm using is from AudioGod over at insanelymac and it's been working fine for months.

Hey guys,

stop debate and slanging. There we are all in social isolation and have something abnormal with mental health : )

Guys, you are making smth that apple couldn't. Also we are all hackintoshers and try to share our knowledges. Please, put down a little bit yours ego.

Lets develop kext and ssdt in common way.

Also I would like to move your attention to real world of you works. Geekbench is synthetic app. I try yours kexts & ssdt with metal based apps like motion, final cut pro, radeon pro render (metal api). There benefits are very low; 1-1.5% performance boost. While geekbench show 75000 metal scores with radeonboost vs 67000 without. Why so strange behaviour?

@mattystonnie thanks for the help but that last EFI didnt work either. I've also tried adding my DSDT to it and playing around with enabling/disabling WEG.

At this point I think ts either something related to runing 10.15.5 beta or my specific 5700XT card. I'll try your new method when you release it just in case.

Man, please be in attention with config table: https://github.com/ReddestDream/OcQuirks

For example, my setup require to set true in EnableWriteUnprotector otherwise it couldn't boot. Read more clearly and play around of OcQuirks.plist

Hey guys,

stop debate and slanging. There we are all in social isolation and have something abnormal with mental health : )

Guys, you are making smth that apple couldn't. Also we are all hackintoshers and try to share our knowledges. Please, put down a little bit yours ego.

Lets develop kext and ssdt in common way.

Also I would like to move your attention to real world of you works. Geekbench is synthetic app. I try yours kexts & ssdt with metal based apps like motion, final cut pro, radeon pro render (metal api). There benefits are very low; 1-1.5% performance boost. While geekbench show 75000 metal scores with radeonboost vs 67000 without. Why so strange behaviour?

Radeon Pro Render doesn't work good for Blender.....

You should see better performance in apps made by Apple with open cl and metal based.

That's right we are in isolation and we are developing mental problems...:crazy:

Could be, the EFI I'm using is from AudioGod over at insanelymac and it's been working fine for months.

Use this DSDT and see if it's working.

At the clover boot menu press F4, after boot look into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin and give me that original DSDT.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    227.4 KB · Views: 78
@mattystonnie & @CMMChris this is a community meant to work together. You are both doing great work and I, for one, am appreciative. Quit with the bicker and underhand jabs back and forth it is unnecessary and doesn't do anyone any good.
Yes, we appreciate the work so far @mattystonnie and @CMMChris.
While it may be amusing to read, the bickering might not be very productive.
May I make a suggestion? I feel like the great work regarding direct injection of all these cards might thrive in its own easy-to-locate thread, because it applies to Vega and Polaris in addition to Navi. I'm super interested in direct injection, and would contribute tests, but I'm having difficulty following this here.
Is there another post or thread that I missed?

In the same boat with a 5700. No signal at p.o.s.t. when restarting from MacOS, only from cold boot or from Windows. Never kicks on rebooting from MacOS, even though I know it reached the countdown to boot my OS from Clover.
I happened to have a Club3D, the older version, so I gave it a shot. The DP side was attached to my monitor and the HDMI to the GPU. Didn't work with my LG 27UD68 4k display unfortunately. Not sure if this adapter is bi-directional. YMMV but if you already ordered the unit please let us know what happens.

Back