Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 5570

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics
HD 5570
Hello there,
I wanted to try to make a Hackintosh on this old pc of mine.

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.80GHz
4gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD5570

I have found few threads regarding HD5570 but most of them probably aren't answered or solved? Since the ones listed commonly were HD 5770.

Will I be able to make this pc into a Hackintosh?
If so what version do you guys recommend?

Thank you so much

Hello there,

4gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD5570

I have found few threads regarding HD5570 but most of them probably aren't answered or solved? Since the ones listed commonly were HD 5770.

Thank you so much

I would guess yes, as to what version you can likely run Sierra or high Sierra though you might want more memory. You may have to flash the bios on the card if it is an XFX. Not sure if the 5570 supports Metal for you to install Mojave.

I would guess yes, as to what version you can likely run Sierra or high Sierra though you might want more memory. You may have to flash the bios on the card if it is an XFX. Not sure if the 5570 supports Metal for you to install Mojave.
Thank you for your insight! I will look into what I can and gather more information to execute it. Thanks

Hello there,

4gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD5570

Thank you so much

You have a Core 2 Duo E7400 I believe?

The HD5570 does not support Metal, the new Apple graphics framework, and so you cannot run Mojave on it, and you may also have troubles with High Sierra.

I would recommend you try to install and run MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 instead.

I have a HD5570 running in an old Dell Optiplex with a E8400 processor. It runs Snow Leopard to Yosemite just fine - never ventured in to attempting El Capitan or newer as you really want a more powerful build, with more RAM and processor power even for light browsing.

Thank you for all your replies, a week ago I tried using Sierra and was having a hard time getting the graphics card to work.

I have a HD5570 running in an old Dell Optiplex with a E8400 processor. It runs Snow Leopard to Yosemite just fine - never ventured in to attempting El Capitan or newer as you really want a more powerful build, with more RAM and processor power even for light browsing.

Does HD5570 work without configuring on Snow Leopard? or do I need to do stuff to make it work too?
Thanks!

Thank you for all your replies, a week ago I tried using Sierra and was having a hard time getting the graphics card to work.

Does HD5570 work without configuring on Snow Leopard? or do I need to do stuff to make it work too?
Thanks!
How it goes? I'd like to run Hackintosh as my VGA is Radeon HD 5570, but I don't have enough references about hd5570. Does it supported? If it does, what kind version of macOS that hd5570 can run? Thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back