Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell SFF OptiPlex 9020 (not sure)
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
R7 250
Hi all,

I've managed to get almost everything working on my Dell Optiplex 9020 Hackintosh but the graphics isn't one of them. It's laggy and shows 8 MB of VRAM. It's got AMD R7 250 aka HD 7770, Intel i7 4790. I used Clover.

It's quite laggy and I've tried all sorts of patches, injectors and I'm not sure what I'm doing. Many patches just corrupt the system and I can't get past the login screen anymore so I have to reinstall everything again.

Can anyone suggest how I can fix the graphics issue?

Thank you.

The HD 7770 equals R7 250X, not 250 non-X!
I'm pretty sure the device ID of your card isn't in the kext, so I'd spoof the device ID with Clover (=> 0x683D).

You'll get the black screen issue when the kext loads, so you'd either have to do the patch I've linked to or use some other workaround to enable your card.

Both of this is mandatory, no OOB support for your card.

The HD 7770 equals R7 250X, not 250 non-X!
I'm pretty sure the device ID of your card isn't in the kext, so I'd spoof the device ID with Clover (=> 0x683D).

You'll get the black screen issue when the kext loads, so you'd either have to do the patch I've linked to or use some other workaround to enable your card.

Both of this is mandatory, no OOB support for your card.

Thanks, I thought they were the same cards!

Could you please explain if there is a simple way to spoof the device ID? I have the R7 250 and is the device ID 6610?

Thanks again.

You can try the following settings.

Use Clover Configurator to edit your Clover config.plist.

Devices->FakeID->ATI=0x66401002
Graphics->Inject ATI=true
Graphics->FBName=Futomaki

Make sure your DSDT contains the GFX device, else the FakeID patch may not work.
It can be obtained by Clover DSDT fixes:

ACPI->Fixes->FixDisplay=true

If FakeID 0x66401002 doesn't work, try 0x67981002

Anyone has experience with AMD R5 430? Only 7MB usable on Dell Optiplex 7050.

I had Blblack screen issue after installed High Sierra with HD7770, any idea how to fix this? :(

If FakeID 0x66401002 doesn't work, try 0x67981002

The AMD HD 7970 devID and R9 280X devID will also result in a black screen in High Sierra the only work around that actually works for all connected monitors is framebuffer connector patchining using Namako framebuffer even Lilu.kext with WhateverGreen.kext doesn’t work. Something to do with CFG_USE_AGDC being set to false in info.plist of the AMD7000Controller.kext on Hamachi and Futomaki will result to a black screen in High Sierra. Those card are no longer working OOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back