Graphics
Nvidia GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Any luck with the AMD R9 Fury or Fury X Fiji cards? Has anyone tried them and had luck with any of the AMD frame buffers?

Device ID is already in one of the kexts (AMD9000Controller), but since X4000 doesn't know a "Fiji"-Device yet there's little hope it would work.
Good sign for the future though that the device id is already mentioned.

Oh that's really cool. Is this from the 10.11 betas?

If I recall correctly the device ID first appeared with 10.10.3 or 10.10.4, but I could be wrong.
I can't imagine how Apple wants to fit one of those 400W TDP monsters in any of their tiny little cases though. :D

Yeah I can't imagine it either! However, I could imagine them working on an update to the Mac Pro with new AMD cards. AMD probably writes these drivers for OS X and I could imagine them testing the Fury X with OS X if they are producing some Fiji variant for a new Mac Pro.

I currently have a 100% working system with R9 280X. If I added a Fury for Win10 gaming, without a fully implemented driver for 10.11, any idea if I can use the GPU power for graphics editing (OPENCL) even if it won't be used to drive a monitor?

Hello

I bought a Fury X for my Mac Pro Hackintosh based on a recommendation, and now I'm finding out it may not be supported :(

Is there anything I can do?

Any help will be appreciated, I sank all my money in this build

Damn...
I bought it while traveling and cannot return it from my own country.

Is there no hope for this?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back