Contribute
Register

AMD R9 290X macOS Sierra Black Screen after booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is too bad-- I haven't heard of a single R9 290/x working without IGPU or a dummy/init card in Sierra. The current GPU situation for Hackintoshes is a bit frustrating at the moment. Which is why I haven't upgraded yet.

Hopefully we'll get support for a contemporary card soon: 480, Vega, Pascal(+).

This is too bad-- I haven't heard of a single R9 290/x working without IGPU or a dummy/init card in Sierra. The current GPU situation for Hackintoshes is a bit frustrating at the moment. Which is why I haven't upgraded yet.

Hopefully we'll get support for a contemporary card soon: 480, Vega, Pascal(+).

I just read Apple has updated NVIDIA and AMD graphics drivers in 10.12.1, maybe something will change.

Any news about this?

I have the same problem, I can install sierra on my pc with a Sapphire R9 290 (reference fan) using NO ATI INJECTION and -v npci=0x3000 and the installer works perfectly, but when I boot the pc like that I have the black screen OP says.

My motherboard hasn't got an iGPU, so I need help...

Nope, still need a helper card

Nope, still need a helper card
I have to say that l downloaded a config file from a russian forum that let me start hackintosh without an iGPU. The problem is that the OS detects my gpu as a AMD Radeon r9 290/390 7MB. So, l can't get QE/CI acceleration. Any fix?

I am also having a black screen after booting. I really have no clue how to solve this. Im using a Sapphire R290x.

My Bios settings are VT-d to Disabled, CFG Lock to Disabled. I'm using a MSI z87 g45. I'm using High Sierra. Intel graphics are working fine.

upload_2018-2-6_12-5-58.png

upload_2018-2-6_12-5-23.png

bootlog.log.txt

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    21.7 KB · Views: 319
My Bios settings are VT-d to Disabled, CFG Lock to Disabled. I'm using a MSI z87 g45. I'm using High Sierra. Intel graphics are working fine.

View attachment 311309
View attachment 311308

bootlog.log.txt
I see you have Lilu kext in clover kexts folder, i read somewhere that it could cause black screen problems with latest High Sierra updates. I would first try deleting that kext, repair permissions and rebuild kext cache, reboot to see if that works. If it doesn't work try disabling IGPU, and also no framebuffer injection (just Radeon deinit in clover)

It works! thx a lot! I tried every option possible, but just RadeonDeInit does the trick.
upload_2018-2-7_21-21-19.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back